Pimping my SH-201

Forum for SH-201
Piranhaav

Pimping my SH-201

Post by Piranhaav »

A mysterious russian shortwave radio station last week inspired me to restyle my SH-201 synthesizer. Arguably one of the worst looking synths ever made. :lol:

Unfortunately I'm not crafted enough to rebuild it from scratch, I cannot move anything, I can only replace knobs, paint stuff or cover things up.
So I tried to teach myself some Illustrator and Photoshop skills and this is what I've got so far. I (re)named it the Bahn UVB-76...
If you guys have any suggestions please let me know!

Piranhaav

Re: Pimping my SH-201

Post by Piranhaav »

The page doesn't show the picture's full width, but perhaps if you download it you can see the whole thing.
fuzulu

Post by fuzulu »

looks mad but i wander if this is possible in reality
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Always thought the yellow one that was made looked nice:

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2009/05/yellow-sh-201.html
synth_lover

Post by synth_lover »

I don't think the SH-201 is "one of the worst looking synths ever made". On the contrary, I find the synth very attractive -especially when looked at from the back- and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I couldn't get enough of looking at it online. I actually like the looks of this synth better than many other ones, especially with all the knobs and sliders sticking out. But like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That white one that was used by Madonna's keyboardist was a nice looking one too.
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

very nice yellow.sweet corn.
Fredisland

Post by Fredisland »

Piranhaav wrote: 02:01, 13 December 2011So I tried to teach myself some Illustrator and Photoshop skills and this is what I've got so far. I (re)named it the Bahn UVB-76...
So... Do you mean it's not a real painted SH-01 😭 ?