New JP-80 review published...

Forum for JUPITER-80
peter@greatsynth

Re: New JP-80 review published...

Post by peter@greatsynth »

Thank you all for the kind feedback.
RayS wrote:Just read this as I have been caught up in work!! Many Thanks and Hats Off to You as I know you spent a while doing this!! Your skills at this are incredible making it look so easy!! I cant wait to try it myself when the new V2 is released. I knoiw you are busy and everything but if you get time and want to do a workshop for the JD-990 Pad LPF1.. I know many would appreciate it!! :>)... Thanks again.. appreciate it.
Ray
You will be surprised to see that he JD-990 Pad is based on the same settings. Usually I put Partial 3 to SuperSaw and center position. Partial 1 and 2 just use the normal Saw waveform, but P1 = L40 and P2 = R40, and of course they are all a bit detuned to each other. By changing the volume of Partial 3 I define how "thick" the Pad sounds.

In the case of the JD-990 Pad I used the Upper Encoder and recorded the changes on a second MIDI Track. However, if there is interest in it we will make a second video. But as I was told that this one is a bit to fast, especially for people who do not own the Jupiter-80, the next will take a bit longer and will have some small changes (hopefully improvements).

We are glad you find the workshop/tutorial helpful.

Peter
cello

Post by cello »

peter@greatsynth

Post by peter@greatsynth »

Please find here the correct link to the Jupiter-80 review
http://www.petermmahr.com/roland-jupiter-80-review/