Signs of a dying board...

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
SkylineUK

Signs of a dying board...

Post by SkylineUK »

Unattended-to spam, dodgy adverts, etc. Shame, but I suppose if the Fantom is dead as far as Roland is concerned then this forum can't be far behind.

Moved to proper topic area. - PiaKnowGuy *sticks out tongue*
Plank

Re: Signs of a dying board...

Post by Plank »

I have asked if anyone was "Moderating" this board to filter out the spam postings, but my post just vanished!.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

The moderators all have access to the whole of the RolandClan forums, so any one of us might deal with spam. You have to bear in mind that we all do this in our own time, and for the love of the forum. If spam posts stick around for a day or two it's not because we don't care, we might not have been here to have seen it. You can always flag something (using the "Report this post" button at the top of every post) if you think it's inappropriate. We'll get to it a bit faster that way.

Regards,
Andy
Gambler

Post by Gambler »

The problem of this board is that it's using generic registration process for phpBB. All the self-respecting spambots can go through it. If you tweak it a bit, you will thwart 99% of the spam.
playagiron

Post by playagiron »

Yeah. And maybe is there a way to change the colours? the baby blue and orange just hurts in my eyes on LCD screens!!! Or am I the only one?
Lot of useful stuff here, but the colours, the large square ad block and the spam problem would be nice if they got resolved!!