Juno stage Faulty Key bed. f above middle c

Forum for JUNO STAGE
LogicSong

Re: Juno stage Faulty Key bed. f above middle c

Post by LogicSong »

Yep cleaning the contacts definitely helps...temporarily, I Found the more you clean them the more they need cleaning... make sure you use 99.1% iso alcohol only. Roland will do NOTHING for anyone with this issue. You have to take to an authorized roland repair center and pay for a new key bed...get this. $600.00....REALLY?????Don't think so.... love the JS sounds and the feel of the keyboard....but.....bye bye Roland!!!
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Just to inform you all: Music Store in Cologne Germany is where I ordered my Juno Stage with this problem. After I reported this fault to them, they immediately started a repair action. My Juno was picked up, repaired en returned to me without any costs. Good service, eh? My Juno Stage now plays as it should, all keys equally sensitive with the same response.
SonnyDaye

Post by SonnyDaye »

So, we have to move to Germany to get the support and service we are due because they have been selling Juno-Stages with faulty keybeds since they first came on the market? Why is this policy not being followed in the US? It appears that they have no concern for their US customers. Since they don't seem to care about their reputation in the US anymore, could it be that are planning on ceasing to sell their products here?
Very strange situation!
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

I don't live in Germany -- thank God ;) -- but I live in the Netherlands. Dutch suppliers aren't as cheap as the German ones and without borders in EU and free trading, I decided to order in Germany (shipped in two days). I agree that for these kinds of fault in a new device, the manufacturer should always repair or replace without any cost in the first year, maybe even in the first two years, no matter where you live. Roland should take responsibility for their own mistakes and deliver a good product. In the Netherlands the retailers have the responsibility for the products they sell, that's even better! I doubt Roland even considers of quitting to sell to the US. They can't afford to lose such a big piece of the market and they should make an effort to deliver better after sales service to keep their customers happy.
SonnyDaye

Post by SonnyDaye »

Just got off the phone with RolandUS Service. I told them that I was just told that there WAS a Service Bulletin for the faulty KEYBED issue of the Juno Stage, but it was for Roland Canada. A poster said their keybed was replaced free of charge even though it was beyond the warranty period. She told me they were basically different companies and she could find no Service Bulletin within Roland US. She said she wasn't aware of any KEYBED problems. I guess she (and the service dept.) doesn't read any of these boards that have had a multitude of posts about the problem that began when the Juno-Stage FIRST came out!
And WHY would ONLY Roland Canada issue a Service Bulletin if all the Juno-Stages are made in the same place?
I'm at a dead end here and VERY unhappy with this company.
Nightingale

Post by Nightingale »

I noticed that one key on my JS is more sensitive for velocity than others. Should i clean contacts, or better try to go in Roland center? It's only 1 month old
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Nightingale, you should definitely report this to your retailer! They will have to contact Roland to get you a free repair. I had to do without my Juno Stage for about 3 weeks, but it came back a whole lot better than it was before. The abnormalities in key sensitivity will increase in time, is my experience, so you should definitely take action. Good luck!

Here is the reply of the German retailer (Music Store), from may 10th 2010 to my complaint about exactly this problem. (I hope you understand German, if not I included a 'translation') (neither English nor German are my native language, so excuse me for slight errors)
Original: "Die Firma Roland tauscht bei den betroffenen Geräten die Kontakte mit Platinen der Tastatur aus.
Sie bekommen Ihr Gerät mit neuen Kontakten zurück, und dann sollte das Problem behoben sein."
'Translation': "The Roland Company replaces the PCB's of the keybed in devices with these kinds of problems. Your device will be returned to you with new contacts, then the problem should be solved." -indeed, it was!
Nightingale

Post by Nightingale »

Martijn, thank you very much!
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Nightingale wrote:Martijn, thank you very much!
You're welcome. I hate injustice. Can you please inform us on your progressions? I hope you get at least the same treatment as I did.
Nightingale

Post by Nightingale »

Martijn wrote:
Nightingale wrote:Martijn, thank you very much!
You're welcome. I hate injustice. Can you please inform us on your progressions? I hope you get at least the same treatment as I did.
I think that the story with my problem is over.
I've contacted the service center and brought my JunoStage to repair. During the month of service waited for special parts from Japan, and after repair i've got a call and was on my way to take my synth back.
So i think the problem was solved. Now the keyboard acts better, there are no strange noises from different parts of keyboard. The velocity is also in stability.
Also I've got a refresh of guarantee time! So I'm happy now. I hope there will be no problems anymore. Thank you!
bkorol

Post by bkorol »

Guys I bought a used Juno Stage from Guitar Center and it had velocity problems.
So I contacted Roland U.S. but of course they indicated they didn't know about the issue.
Anyways I found a keyboard parts supplier to order a new PCB keybed for about $209.
https://syntaur.com/Items/2210.html

So I installed it myself and it solved all my velocity issues.

There is a youtube video for a Roland Juno D which covers keybed repair which is similar to the Roland Juno Stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNGyOEU ... IdoWheapX4