spam

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
cello

spam

Post by cello »

JuneauUnderground

Re: spam

Post by JuneauUnderground »

No Cello say it "ain't" so! You have much to contribute to this forum and will be sorely missed. Please reconsider.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

JuneauUnderground wrote:No Cello say it "ain't" so! You have much to contribute to this forum and will be sorely missed. Please reconsider.
+1
Dany

Post by Dany »

This forum is indeed in an orphaned state, because spam and advertisements are dominating and new JP-80 owners can't register in order to participate or ask questions, because new member registration is "temporary" disabled since weeks...

It's a shame that ROLAND isn't able to offer a vivid and clean forum in the age of the internet, like KORG (thanks to Sharp) and YAMAHA do.

I guess the few (or is it just a single person?) overstrained moderators are on vacation...

See you at the KORG forum....there will certainly come a reason to revive the infamous "Kronos vs Jupiter80" thread...;)
-
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Registrations have been reopened since we changed the registration process.
We're doing the best we can (well, I am), but I don't get much time each day when I can be deleting members and posts (both of which happen regularly).

If you find spam, please flag it so we can find it and delete it and the poster.

I agree that it's got really bad, and it does spoil the experience a bit from time to time, but I'm not ready to walk away just yet.

Cheers
Andy
Dany

Post by Dany »

Thanks for all your efforts, Andy! You have an unfortunate and thankless task. I think Roland leaves you moderators alone and the resposible people should change the situation in some way. It's all finally not the fault of the moderators, who obviously just try their best under the given circumstances.

Cheers and a sunny summer 2012!

PS: New member registration is currently disabled.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Thanks Dany,

Just another example: a few days ago I swept up ALL the accounts that had been created but never visited the forum and deactivated them.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about PhP to make any real changes, nor do I have the time to investigate at the moment.
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

We seem to be getting super spammed again...
playagiron

Post by playagiron »

there are quite some blacklist checker, and other addons out there for this forum software, should be easy to install just some php to make some changes, can be donw via automod, and certainly will help! In case there are certainly enough web afficionados around here to help out temporarily.