Repository of Sound launched for Roland keyboards

Forum for JUPITER-80
Tom_1970

Re: Repository of Sound launched for Roland keyboards

Post by Tom_1970 »

Nice docs!

I have created a spreadsheet which in essence is a blank soundlist where you can fill in and order your own patch names (registrations, Livesets and Synth Patches). Nothing fancy though.
If there is any interest I can upload it or send it to you.
cello

Post by cello »

Tom_1970 wrote:Nice docs!

I have created a spreadsheet which in essence is a blank soundlist where you can fill in and order your own patch names (registrations, Livesets and Synth Patches). Nothing fancy though.
If there is any interest I can upload it or send it to you.
That would be a useful addition to the docs zip!

Could you send it via pm to me? I believe the attachment function will work with xls files...

Thanks for your support and share :)
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

hm...it is a .numbers file.
I converted it in Numbers, but I cannot check on the moment if the conversion gives the desired result in Excel.
Attachments
JP-80 SoundList.xls
converted file
(302 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

Unofrtunately I can't post the original numbers file, but if desired I can send it in another way.
cello

Post by cello »

Thanks for this - seems to have ported over to xls okay.

I'll pm you my email address and I can compare it to the .numbers file on my iPad.
MartyM

Post by MartyM »

Docs are really useful ... many thanks :0)

Marty.
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Ditto!!

I already had the V1/V2 listings but the PCM list is a real boon! Thanks again lads!
cello

Post by cello »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:I already had the V1/V2 listings but the PCM list is a real boon! Thanks again lads!
Glad you like the PCM list, SW- took a while to do it, but it is mighty handy to see them all in a document.

Thanks to Tom_1970, the JP-80 useful docs zip has a new addition - a blank soundlist which allows you to input your own sound listings. It's simple but very useful!

To everyone - jp-80.com is undergoing a re-design at mo. Certainly by 7th April, the new design will be up. At the moment the navigation is not great. Currently the top level of navigation is by collection - doesn't make sense; if I only have an XT, I'm not interested in the GTv2 sounds. So - the top level will become by keyboard.

I will also be deleting the /download.html link. Better everyone comes through the 'front door' - but will do a re-direct in case some have that link bookmarked.

Will make the necessary announcement at the time... or maybe I should pull the site down and put a counter up there... hmmm!!! ;)
cello

Post by cello »

Well, the update for today is that the Repository of Sound has a new design, new navigation and new sounds! :)

Many thanks to SoundworldA.D., PauloF, lekanout and robotunes for their support and contributions - much appreciated. Additional thanks to SoundworldA.D.for reviewing and sanity checking the site before go-live.

In the V-Synth sections there is an 'Others' menu item. Lots of new sounds there courtesy of robotunes. These have been available elsewhere over time but are now brought into the fold so they're easy to find.

PauloF's 'Jump' sound has started the new Integra section off - hopefully others will want to share their sounds.

The JP-80 section has a new file from lekanout which features the OSv2 sounds along with Bernd's analogue sounds.

SoundworldA.D. continues to mangle and we look forward to more sounds from him :)

I've been working on this new site for the last couple of weeks or so have not had time to finish off some new JP-80 sounds I aim to share on the Repository - will let you know when they're ready!

I warmly welcome feedback/suggestions about the new site - but most of all, I hope you find the Repository useful.

The site now gets over 6,000 visits per month with some files being downloaded between 100 and 1700 times - in one month!

So, enjoy the sizable update and get mangling! I encourage you to share the results for others to enjoy :)

Link - http://www.jp-80.com
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

Nice Site!
cello

Post by cello »

Thank you :) and thanks again for your contribution!
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

Thank you for sharing al these goodies!
Méka

Post by Méka »

Thank you for this nice job !
Roderick

Post by Roderick »

Sorry for the noob question but how do you put the v1 sounds on the Jupiter 80 without overwriting the v2 sounds? I want both soundsets.
Dewdman42

Post by Dewdman42 »

write a letter to Roland and tell them you can't believe they don't have a librarian for this synth