OFFICIAL Librarian Request Thread

Forum for JUPITER-80
Greg Taraby

Re: OFFICIAL Librarian Request Thread

Post by Greg Taraby »

Hello, I've supported your product since the JUPITER 8 in the 80's. I also have KORG along side e.g poly6 Korg M3. Please give us a better way of dealing with all the sound potential of the JP80. A thorough Librarian for Windows and Apple is really needed. The USB ROOT File handicap is another thing that could be addressed :) Regards from a loyal owner
Greg Taraby
Dewdman42

Post by Dewdman42 »

Yea I agree, in addition to providing external librarian support, they could also improve the firmware so that its a bit smarter about how to read and write things from the USB. Right now people are doing some pretty funky things to load new sounds and still sometimes can accidentally screw up what is on the synth already. The biggest problem is the dependency between tones, sets, regs.

They could also improve the midi implementation so that 3rd party can more easily create a librarian, if they are unwilling to improve their editor with librarian support.

The funny thing is that IOS editor is kind of superfluous. I mean I don't even really feel that I need it, the touch screen does all I really need. It might add a small bit of convenience, but not at all a necessity (needed more so for the JP50). However, the librarian, which is clearly needed much much more than an editor and would actually be easier to code......nothing. Very ironic.
SystemX

Post by SystemX »

Count me in guys my neck is stiff scrolling through tones!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Integra is going to have an Editor / Librarian (which is a good thing)!

So it is not fair that the JP-80, the Roland Flagship Synth, doesn't get one.
Roland said that "the creation of the JP-80 (and 50) were a special moment for Roland!"
if that's the case, please complete this awesome synth with a Librarian/Editor or at least a Librarian, as there is no way to organize the sounds with out one.

What about Synth Legends Vol.2 ? how to install the sounds without destroying the actual ones?

C'mon Roland, you can do it!!
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

The funny thing is that IOS editor is kind of superfluous. I mean I don't even really feel that I need it, the touch screen does all I really need.
I agree that the touchscreen interface is so good that there isn't a real need for an iPad editor.
However, I do use the editor quite regular, because it can be very handy to seeand edit two partials (or even three when you have two iPads ;) ).

Besides the real need for an editor, they made one, so why not the whole interface implemented?
It gives you in essence a multi screen interface and a lot of visual information.
The organ interface on the iPad gives you the advantage of multi touch which can be very handy with the drawbars.
cello

Post by cello »

This is great guys! Thanks for your contributions... but let's keep it going :)

Roland JP is reading this.

If any of you are involved in other forums, or other language forums, or anywhere else, music clubs - anything - please let them know about this thread so we can get as many positive requests for a librarian!

This is our chance and we should grasp it with both hands - may not produce anything in the end, but at least we'll have given it our best shot :)
ostrovitch

Post by ostrovitch »

Yes I need a Librarian for Jupiter80.

Something to deal with what tone is used in what liveset/registration, and to manage double tones/livesets, because when we import a registration for example, we mostly import livesets and tones
existing yet Inside the memory, and it wastes space.

We Need the librarian could work not only on Mac computers. People on PC need the librarian too.
In worse case Ok for Ipad.
Dewdman42

Post by Dewdman42 »

if they absolutely refuse to add librarian facitilies to the ipad or create something for Mac/PC, then at least please either improve the midi implementation or document it better so that someone else can potentially write something someday
piangio

Post by piangio »

Sign me up, please. I need it!
moogmaniac

Post by moogmaniac »

Yes, please include my name. My JP-80 is jammed solid with livesets and tones.

One slight workaround I have noticed is that you can EXPORT as many sound dumps as you like to the same memory stick, just make sure you rename them to something original every time you EXPORT.

You can then selectively import Registrations, livesets and tones as you wish.

Does not work with a Backup though - Restore only recognizes the standard JP80.svd file.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

moogmaniac wrote:Yes, please include my name. My JP-80 is jammed solid with livesets and tones.

One slight workaround I have noticed is that you can EXPORT as many sound dumps as you like to the same memory stick, just make sure you rename them to something original every time you EXPORT.

You can then selectively import Registrations, livesets and tones as you wish.

Does not work with a Backup though - Restore only recognizes the standard JP80.svd file.
That's the kind of Librarian that I would try to produce if I had one JP to test the batch versions.
Taking the advantage of the sound export/import feature and even trying to understand the backup file structure, by comparing some different ones...
Just wondering
Roderick

Post by Roderick »

A librarian seems like a no brainer. When I get new sounds for my Virus TI I just add the bank
to the folder and it's there to use. Surely Roland could figure something out along the same
lines.
Macker62

Post by Macker62 »

Please add my name to your quest for Roland to introduce a Librarian for the Jupiter 80/50. Here's hoping, Andy
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

There is no official Roland presence on this forum, as far as I am aware, so I don't know if Roland JP will be aware of this thread. That said, going back to cello's first post in the thread, if there is an address where we can reach Roland planet and/or Roland regional offices, it may be wroth starting a change.org petition or similar and aiming it at them (politely, of course). Up to you guys, really, and you may well get better results that way.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I believe an official librarian/editor is a no go.