RD-700NX librarian for Windows

Post by MarcoPolo »

This is now available for download at:

http://urbanlegendband.co.uk/GeekPage.aspx

Just follow the link.
howardS

Re: RD-700NX librarian for Windows

Post by howardS »

I can't try it out till the weekend but thank you!
torhus

Post by torhus »

Cool! Can't see a download link, though.
howardS

Post by howardS »

It right at the bottom. It took me a moment to find it as well, Torhus. It's below the manual download link.
torhus

Post by torhus »

It didn't show up for me because my window was too small to show the whole page and there is no scroll bar. I found it in the document source, though. No offense, but that web page is a bit... 1997 ;)
howardS

Post by howardS »

I had that problem as well but I wasn't going to raise it. We want to keep MarcoPolo happy! ;-)
torhus

Post by torhus »

I tried the program a few days ago, it works great! I used it to delete all the factory user live sets and to clean up after the upgrade to firmware 2.0, which doubled the number of user live sets, thereby making a mess of my system.

If there's ever a new version, I have a couple of feature suggestions:
  • A way to see which numbers belong to which group of live sets (which button). Just alternating between two background colors would help a lot.
  • A way to do operations on multiple items at once.
Anyway, thanks for creating this tool :)
MarcoPolo

Post by MarcoPolo »

HowardS found a problem with the librarian with Windows 64 bit which worked together to resolve.

"The 64-bit version of Windows it puts your files into a directory called:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RD-700NX Librarian\"
and of course, as you know, your program looks for the RDS file in this directory:
"C:\Program Files\RD-700NX Librarian\"

Anyone using 64 bit Windows needs to create this directory and put the INIT SET File.RDS into this directory and the application will work.

P.S. To answer a few of the other questions I have run the application in 800 * 600, and 1024 *768 resolution and I have scroll bars, and I am able to edit sets. It's not very user friendly ( you have a use scroll bars a lot), which is why I recommend a higher resolution. If you let me know your screen res I'll try and have a look at it, but I have limited time for this as I am not paid for any development work (other people pay me for that), and I only really developed this for my own use. Thank you for the comments. I did have a version which could move multiple sets but then what do you do with them: put them in where you drop them and erase any thing in the existing live sets, what happens if you try to put them in and they go out of bounds etc.

I personally don't use favourites because I just program the Live sets in the order I want them, use my increment pedal to go through them and that's that, but I can see their use if you gig with a few different bands and want to call up your favourite piano, organ etc rapidly, so I may look at this. I use my librarian to program up set lists for each gig/band, the reward being I can change patches 'on the fly' without losing the left hand (since I play bass 80% of the time this is essential). Some songs I use 10 changes of patch and get seriously orchestral....

For programmers: look at the first 14 bytes of each voice in seven bit chunks instead of eight, and you'll get a nice surprise. 14* 8 = 16 * 7. Sorry I like treasure hunts.......;-)
mickeykeys

Post by mickeykeys »

Sorry for the thread bump, but I've been out of the band "game" for a little over a year. Now that I'm getting back into it this might be a valuable tool, but it looks to have disappeared without a trace.

Anybody know why?
howardS

Post by howardS »

Welcome back, mickeykeys. I don't know why the page went silent but I think the software can be shared. Feel free to PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

There was a file in the installation package which contained the following statement so I think we can share the files:

REDISTRIBUTION AND USE IN SOURCE AND BINARY FORMS, WITH OR WITHOUT MODIFICATION, ARE PERMITTED PROVIDED THAT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET:
REDISTRIBUTIONS OF SOURCE CODE MUST RETAIN THE ABOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICE, THIS LIST OF CONDITIONS AND THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER.
REDISTRIBUTIONS IN BINARY FORM MUST REPRODUCE THE ABOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICE, THIS LIST OF CONDITIONS AND THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER IN THE DOCUMENTATION AND/OR OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED WITH THE DISTRIBUTION.
KeysP

Post by KeysP »

Hi fellow Roland bods

I have just found this forum and joined, so a bit late with the discussion and help with MarcoPolo's Library for Windows.

Before I found this forum I too was searching for the download link to his Editor after seeing MarcoPolos YouTube link.

This is just what I need with the time it normally take me to shift RD 700NX LIVE SET patches around for different performances.

I notice the last posting on this was from HowardS August 2014.

Can anyone help
Does anyone still have the download files to share?? Really could do with this tool
howardS

Post by howardS »

KeysP, feel free to PM me with your email I will send it to you as I did with mickeykeys.
billT

Post by billT »

Hi there,

I am in need of tweaking a number of my RD-700NX Live Sets. I have the same question as KeysP did back in March. Is there a possibility of still getting a hold of that download? Would be a tremendous help.

Live Long and Prosper!
howardS

Post by howardS »

Hey Bill,

Here is a link to the file. Let me know if you have any issue downloading it from there.

Howard