Patch remain with plugins in Windows

Forums for Windows PC computers
howardS

Patch remain with plugins in Windows

Post by howardS »

Does anyone here use any host software in a Windows environment which gives you patch remain functionality? I see that this feature exists on Mainstage as set out on page 12 of the manual but that of course won't help us Windows users. How do any of you get around this issue?
howardS

Re: Patch remain with plugins in Windows

Post by howardS »

Ok, in case anyone is interested in this thread I thought I would add that I looked into Forte and Cantabile and found this info:

Forte - The manual states on page 43:

With specific settings on the Scene Commands tab it is possible to hold notes over scene
changes. This can only happen, however, if the MIDI filtering for the plugin is the same in
the new scene as in the old scene. If the new MIDI filter is more restrictive (allows fewer
notes or has a different transpose setting) the playing notes are forced off to avoid
hanging notes.

Cantabile - I found this discussion regarding the use of sessions and subsessions in Cantabile. So, as long as the plugin exists in a subsession then the patch remain should work....cool!

I currently just work inside my DAW which is Studio One. If anyone has any tricks they want to share which allows them to get this to work inside their DAW then feel free to post it here.