Repository of Sound launched for Roland keyboards

Forum for JUPITER-80
SoundworldA.D.

Re: Repository of Sound launched for Roland keyboards

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

We has fun we does, yes we do!

Reporters finally reached Wombie at his posh residence and in true Clintonesque fashion only had this to say "It depends what your meaning of IS is!"

Behold the Royal Sceptre!
Womby_King.jpg
Womby_King.jpg (31.17 KiB) Viewed 12100 times
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:We has fun we does, yes we do!

Reporters finally reached Wombie at his posh residence and in true Clintonesque fashion only had this to say "It depends what your meaning of IS is!"

Behold the Royal Sceptre!
Womby_King.jpg
Hard to believe baby Wombat could bring such fun.
Thank you baby Wombat, Thank you.
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:Image
Ahem! Looks like RSA is about to "crack" the case wide open! ;-D
If I may butt in here, and I don't mean to be cheeky…
richardbates1 wrote:Oh my God womby 18 I think is my new bass player who said he just got out of rehab... He also claims to be related to the late great Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Claims?
richardbates1 wrote:from now on every Jupiter 80 comes with it's own baby wombat and that there will be a way for already owners of JP80 can claim there own baby wombat through a rebate program. This wombat upgrade is supposed to be the largest upgrade since 2.10.
kimsnarf wrote:The only disadvantage with this "instrument" is that it is monophonic. You have to buy one per voice of polyphony. Since it is mono the baby wombat works best for screaming leads. Rumor has it that as the wombat matures it will be able to generate incredible subsonic bass sounds.
richardbates1 wrote:The deviousness of this little baby wombat is unparalleled in it's ability to look like anyone it chooses!
It can also belch & burp in 24 different languages and sound like anything it want's including multiple Barbara Streisands, a Yamaha CS80 and or Forrest Gump in a echo reverb tunnel…
Thank goodness baby wombat is designed, built and distributed by Roland Inc.
Baby Wombat is a free upgrade for all Roland users.
richardbates1 wrote:Hard to believe baby Wombat could bring such fun.
You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Well there is certainly more going on here than meets the eye. I think we had better let the Ancient Aliens dude sort this out.

"When you cross Baby Womby with Pharoah Ahkenaten you get this"
Alien_Tut3_1.jpg
Alien_Tut3_1.jpg (28.24 KiB) Viewed 12029 times
"Now why would that be?"
Why_1.jpg
Why_1.jpg (15.13 KiB) Viewed 12029 times
Well that certainly explains a lot. It seems these extraterrestrials are responsible for just about everything.
Aliens_brought_SN!_1.jpg
Aliens_brought_SN!_1.jpg (21.93 KiB) Viewed 12029 times
Well, maybe not EVERYTHING!! Some creations are just too alien to anything else in the known universe like this frightening one of a kind creature...
JB_astronaut_1.jpg
JB_astronaut_1.jpg (19.45 KiB) Viewed 12029 times
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:Well there is certainly more going on here than meets the eye. I think we had better let the Ancient Aliens dude sort this out.

"When you cross Baby Womby with Pharoah Ahkenaten you get this"
Alien_Tut3_1.jpg
"Now why would that be?"
Why_1.jpg
Well that certainly explains a lot. It seems these extraterrestrials are responsible for just about everything.
Aliens_brought_SN!_1.jpg
Well, maybe not EVERYTHING!! Some creations are just too alien to anything else in the known universe like this frightening one of a kind creature...
JB_astronaut_1.jpg
Somewhere out there in the Universe......is a planet of Alien Beibers. Having had an encounter with the fabled baby wombat during a dark time of planet Beiber they kept hope for the future..........years later the chosen baby Beiber was assigned go to our planet and meet baby wombat for a 2nd time in space and time to see if the legend (he) had grown in power. Baby Beiber saw the unlimited sound power of Baby Wombat and it's subsonic bass and screeching lead capabilities, fell to his knees just from Baby Wombats presence. Baby Beiber in a sense of awe decided to decline in power and talent so Baby Wombat could come into it's full reality.

"There is only Baby Wombat" Said Beiber....... and Beiber as an alien servant takes the roll to make sure the Legend "Baby Wombat" comes to pass and Baby Wombat is not harmed. The Ancient Alien Pharoah Ahkenaten, the mother of all Baby Wombats.....The MotherShip so to speak allowed the sonic power of Baby Wombat to be given to an Earth Corporation named Roland. And the fable of Baby Wombat being incorporated into Future Roland synths came to be and endured for many centuries, but the ones that saw the birth of all this were indeed US!....here on Roland Clan. We can only imagine what lies ahead......Only Baby Wombat knows! Only Baby Wombat.
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Yes, Womby would seem to us to be powerful and to be in the know, but even Womby knows that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive that he had better not speak above his breath when speaking in condemnation of it!

When quizzed on this, Womby would only quote Bill Moyers...

"Secrecy is the freedom zealots dream of: no watchman to check the door, no accountant to check the books, no judge to check the law. The secret order has no constitution. The rules it follows are the rules it makes up".

"Are you talking about the Ancient Mysteries" I asked?

"Bah...Ancient my foot!" he exclaimed and would only point to ECCLESIASTES 1:9-11:

"Nothing is truly new; it has all been done or said before. What can you point to that is new? How do you know it didn't exist long ages ago? We don't remember what happened in those former times, and in future generations no one will remember what we have done back here".

"Besides, we have Atlantis to remind us of what happens when man causes things get seriously out of balance with nature. There is a Hall of Records buried beneath the (deleted by Roland Secret Agent)"

Bollocks!! Now we know where the real power lies for sure!
Womby13.jpg
Womby13.jpg (30.65 KiB) Viewed 11979 times
cello

Post by cello »

Getting back to the Repository... lol

Thanks to SoundworldA.D., the Analog Project as made available by Roland in 2008 (however for some reason, no longer available), can now be downloaded at http://www.jp-80.com under the Other tab in the GTv2 section.

Unbelievably there are now 5,270 sounds available to download and enjoy - and that's just the GTv2 section!

Splendid stuff :)
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

I have to say how great SoundworldA.D pads are! Super.
I hope Soundworld will create more to download in the future, maybe SoundworldA.D pads 2 with some classical influences?

Just hoping.

Also had to say that I finally imported some of the arpeggio midi files that were part of the Roland's Synth Legends download, there are some really great phrase arpeggios especially in the "Shorties" folder.

Great job SoundworldA.D and great job Roland!
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Thank you very much RB1. Such kind comments are always appreciated.

While I did indeed have fun creating some of those movement pads on the JP80 (it seems like so long ago!), I found programming on it to be much more of a challenge since it is so very deep and I don't have an intuitive grasp of the architecture like I do on the V-Synth.

Hopefully in the future when I get more time I will delve in there and be able to create some more goodies. Even though I have downloaded all of the latest free JP80 sets from Roland, a hectic work schedule has prevented me from even trying any of them out.

As always, a big thanks to our host Mr. Cello who took the time to create the Repository and keep it updated for us sound hustlers!
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

I understand not having the time and being busy.
I really like the sound set you created, It is my favorite now over all the Roland sounds sets created.

Maybe someday you will create more sounds for us?

Thanks
mpraet

Post by mpraet »

I cant load the arpegio styles in my Jupiter 80 i get an error reading ???
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Ah, one of these days...
It's been a while and then some since the Doogenator last visited the Clan. My loss! I hope everyone is doing well and producing some tasty waves from all of the new Roland goodies.

Anyway, after the birth of my baby daughter at the ripe young age of 59 about a year and a half ago, I took what was to be a short respite from the Soundworld. Well, you know how those things go!

So here it is and I have not turned on my synths for over a year now. I must say I miss them and since my wife and daughter are on an extended vacation in the Philippines, I hope to be able to park myself in the Soundworld, reacquaint myself with my MC-80 and 23 synths and start popping out some more soundworlds soon.

Until then, all the best, and as always, a special thanks to cello for hosting the Repository which enabled us to put our sounds out for others to enjoy and also to get the fabled V-Synth "Stout Collection" out there.

ars longa...vita brevis!
.:';.DH.:':.
cello

Post by cello »

Ah, how splendid to have the Doogenator move amongst once again!

Hope all good with you sir - great times I'm sure with your special ladies; ask them nicely for some time off to noodle :)
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Thank you cello. Splendid indeed to return to one of me old haunts for a visit. I suddenly have a desire for a nice spot of high tea!

I just returned from an extended business trip to the People's Republic of China and the jet lag was rather severe this time. Either that, or my body-clock took quite a whacking!

Anyway, since the wife and daughter are still in the Philippines, I was able to pop into the Soundworld for a play and the noodling commenced! After the re-acquaintance and play period is over, I really need to get down to finishing the song I did for my (at that time still unborn) daughter called "Aja's Dream".

On a side note, I was commiserating with a poor bloke whose wife had purchased several pairs of shoes which he thought were rather expensive. Well it could be worse I said...if they were all Manolo Blahniks! I was able to show him on the internet what I was talking about thanks to you and Betsy. My bet is he won't be showing the wife!

Oh well, I am sure you can look at those Blahniks on your Betsy and think, "Well I have never seen a pair more pleasantly situated!"

All the best,
.:':.DH.:':.
fzero

Post by fzero »

Hello, cannot connect to the site http://www.jp-80.com.
My backup hard drive burned down, so I lost all my data for my Jupiter 80 and Vsynth XT and Vsynth GT.
Would there be people who could share their data for these instruments?
Thanks for your feedback,
Yours truly,
fzero