The Song Player

Forum for JUNO STAGE
francoran

The Song Player

Post by francoran »

I would like to use the Song Player to have some back tracks while I'm playng with the JS. I put some midi files (SMF) in the USB memory and clicked the Song List switch. I expected to find the function keys (2) (7) under the display with names of the midi files, but only the first 2 keys appear, PLAYLIST and SNG INFO. I can select the midifiles and make them to play all ok, but I can't edit them because there is not the SNG EDIT key in the menu, and there are not CHANGE and DELETE keys, neither. I don't know if I explained well the problem, but maybe someone of you understand what I am talking about and what is going wrong?
Martijn

Re: The Song Player

Post by Martijn »

Hi Francoran,

The JS does not have a real sequencer, so editing is not possible. The only thing you can do is c.cancel, which switches off track 4. It is just a song player which even does not use the parts in the selected performance, but 16 extra parts which you can not control. You have to use something like a DAW or another sequencer/workstation to edit the smf-file, before you load it into the Juno Stage.

I hope this is what you mean.
francoran

Post by francoran »

No Martijin,
thank you for the answer but my question is another. When I select a song in the USB memory I don't see all the function buttons below the screen: [2 (PLAYLIST)], [3 (SNG INFO)], [4 (SNG EDIT)], [5 (CHANGE)], [6 (DELETE)], [7 (WRITE)], but I just can see only the first two, Playlist and Sng info and don't understand why.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Sorry, Francoran, I don't have an answer to that.
francoran

Post by francoran »

Don't worry about,
it is not very important for me now, I am just exploring other ways in the JS.