So, strangely, it appears I'm a Stage owner again!

Forum for JUNO STAGE
flyingace

So, strangely, it appears I'm a Stage owner again!

Post by flyingace »

It was too good a deal to good to pass up and I really missed this keyboard. Heck I may even keep it and sell my Jupiter 80... ha ha... ah, NO. :) But nothing says I can't keep both.

I'm looking forward to spending some time with it this time to really see what kind of music I can make with it instead of constantly judging it based on drivers, editors, and the newest of new sound engines, etc.

At some point we all have to ask ourselves if any of that crap matters as much as simply shutting up and making music, playing music, enjoying playing.
JD Kross

Re: So, strangely, it appears I'm a Stage owner again!

Post by JD Kross »

Good for you.

I almost sold mine when I got the Korg Kross but it allowed me to make a direct comparison.
Juno Stage sounds (and other Roland synths) are still the best IMO except pianos in JS. Good thing I got the SRX-07 to cover the pianos.

I've already reached the point to shut up and just play and make the best out of what I have... otherwise, I'll never get satisfied.

It's always the case of "I want it to sound like vintage but with the latest features". It's not gonna happen.
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

I'll get to do the comparison again starting tomorrow when the 2nd Juno Stage comes in. I still have all my sound files backed up too!

I know I can't compare it to the Jupiter 80 for what it's great at: great SuperNatural sounds and AMAZING Synth sounds, but I will find out if it's the better keyboard for me to have for playing out with bands, friends and such. It just seemed to offer so many options for that kind of playing that the JP80 just doesn't. Not to mention the JP80 weighs a frickin' metric ton! My back can't take that kind of gigging anymore!

I'll let you all know how it goes!
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Got it today. Two things I guess I'd forgotten: they never upgraded it to work with the wireless uSB adapter and the patch remain doesn't work really well. it cuts out when changing sounds regardless of setting. :(

Both of these are okay because likely i'll be using this board in a slower, one man band setting and no one will notice in-between songs when i change tones. and the wireless is just a luxury i've grown to love on my JP80.

BUT the biggest news is that the editor and librarian work perfectly on my Mac using OS 10.10 Yosemite! I didn't even install the driver. I'm using the JP80 driver I guess. It works! No problems running it through usb for those two apps. I haven't tried using a DAW yet though.

All in all it's like having an old friend back. I missed the simplicity of how it works, nice to have rhythm presets and how easy it is to split on the fly.

Now if I can just talk my wife into letting me keep both JP80 and the Stage! They're like different pairs of shoes right? :)
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Oh, and BTW, the guy I bought it from must have been doing a lot of tweaking in the editor on the pianos. Three of the performaces he had set up and left on it are amazing. Three people I played the JP80 and Stage for couldn't tell the difference! I was amazed!