Cyclops: your attack against me and the Clan

Questions related to Roland Clan site and forum
Artemiy
Site Admin

Cyclops: your attack against me and the Clan

Post by Artemiy »

Dear Cyclops,

this is my public message to you.

You have posted a message on Facebook, in which you personally harass me by providing insulting, false information. Then you come back here at the Clan and think that all is well. I am sorry, but...

Roland Clan is the home that I built, and you are a guest here. You've spitted into my face mate, and then you think you can come back like nothing happened. This behavior can only be described as inadequate, disrespectful, rude and ignorant.

I would like to provide and answer your lies-induced statements here:
Of course Art doesn't want the Clan to go down for any reason. He makes money from it, advertising his soundbanks at every chance he finds.

Now please someone tell me what would be the Sinevibes sales like if the site that's hosting the libraries wasn't part of a forum, with many visitors daily, seeing the ad banners on the top of the screen all the time?

It is true that Sinevibes benefits from Roland Clan, but have you seen REAL advertising on other forums? And then, thanks to these sales, I am able to dedicate my personal time to help people daily, release free sounds, make the micro manual. To all this I donate my own time, that I could spend with my family for example, or do some other work. What have YOU personally done in this respect?

Let's face it, the fact that Sinevibes are the only commercially available series of libraries for the Fantom-G, with no alternative at all (other than importing sample libraries on our own that is), can't be just a coincidence, can it?

Of course, anyone who has commercial sounds can post them to the Clan forums, I also post them to the news and to our store links. If you don't see them, maybe you need a bigger monitor?

As for no other people releasing sounds for the Fantom-G - but there are also no libraries for JUNO-G, SonicCell or JUNO STAGE from anyone. This is a niche market with no spectacular sales, not everyone wants to risk his time to get into it.
That's why the Clan is so precious, and that's why the dictatorship lives on...

...no comment here.

I await for your apologies - and I will accept them. Otherwise, please stay out of this place. We do not want rude, disrespectful people here.
cyclops

Re: Cyclops: your attack against me and the Clan

Post by cyclops »

Ok, I get this. Your goal has been to banish every true voice that harasses Roland's interests, pointing out their bad policies and non-existent support. First came JesseJ (whom you un-banned shortly after - wow that was a surprise!), then Shakil and then JimKnopf. And there will be more to come.

There's "bitching" and "moaning" and "whining" in other manufacturers' official forums too (everyone can go and see what's happening on Motifator or Korg forums), but there's no dictatorship and no banishments really. Maybe it's a common practice in ex-Soviet states. I'm unfamiliar with such behaviours, I couldn't know, these seem Chinese to me (someone could say "Greek"). This is a world's first.

You can enjoy your empire, or "shop" or everything else that the Clan can be called. It surely is not a forum, because forum in Latin (the greek word is "agora") stands for a place where there is freedom of speech for everyone, there is no leader and no need for moderating.

You can pretty much name the Clan as "Roland Clan Dictatorship" or "Roland Clan Empire".

Everyone that needs to know the truth and tell the truth, they may find us on Facebook. Those who want fairytales and bedtime stories, they can stay here._

I'm outta here, and I'm feeling really free. Goodbye everyone.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

cyclops, your arguments are absolutely unrelated to what I asked you about... I think I did write in plain English about Sinevibes and third-party support, and you're talking about freedom of speech. Freedom of speed is not freedom of lies, mate! At least not here at the Clan.

Good buy! I mean, good bye...
OnceUponAtime

Post by OnceUponAtime »

So, where exactly lies the Clan dear Art? Where does Roland lie?
Did you think that a dictatorship forum would stay alive for long?
Did you think that Roland's arrogance and lack of support would stay unanswered?
Where exactly is Roland right now? What supersynth have they released, to answer to the various Kronoses and Motifs. Absolutely NOTHING.

If we whiners had been heard back in those glorious days, when we really had the honor to address our scepticism to a Roland representative (yeah, that's our dear Dan Krisher, that really vanished in thin air at some point, avoiding to answer real questions), things would have been different by now.

And don't tell me that the workstation is dead. Kronoses and Motifs are continuing to sell by the thousands.

I've really known that this time would come, that I would step into a ghost forum, filled up with the ashes of the past's long gone glory. Well, better late than never, as they wisely say.

What an irony. The good old mighty Roland Clan no longer belongs to its dictator ex-owner.

Yours sincerely,
an old buddy... (yeah, yeah, you guessed right)
thunderkyss

Post by thunderkyss »

I remember when Arty started this place... poor kid didn't even have the money to buy his own Fantom-S. I originally wasn't into sound design back then, really all I needed was the bread & butter sounds, drums, & sampling.

Years later I dug into the original tweak book & picked up on subtractive synthesis pretty easily.

Anyway. I don't participate much on this forum anymore. I was never much for helping others, I mainly came here to argue with people. I pop in from time to time & I'm impressed with what it's become.

It is the place to be for information on Roland gear.

If Arty is making any money of these adds, more power to him. He deserves it. He earned it.
cminor

Post by cminor »

It's hard to say something, without people judge your opinion.
So:
1. Did Artemyi FORCE someone to buy anything?
No.
2. Did Artemyi work on those micro manuals that are FREE?
Yes. So his time, his life were spend for helping.
3. Does this forum , Roland Clan, cost ?
Yes. The Forum is hosted on MONEY. So yes, Artemyi have to pay a BILL to keep this forum up.
If the Sinevibes is a way, good for him.
4. Is there a licence to make sounds for Roland, and Artemyi is the only one who can make?
I don't think so. Everyone is free to make, to buy a franchize, if there is, and ...
... hold on. You have to spend time, and money, and have THE BRAIN to make sounds, and then sell them.
Ok. That's a little hard. So yes, not everyone would risk to spend money, time, for a "dream".
So if Artemyi see his dream now, a fact, it's he's work, time, money.
Good for him.
5. As far as I know this forum, even I had some hard times with some people, for being upset on Roland for not releasing a "new flagship".
But then I realize. How can I say something, when I stopped investing in Roland?
I could (if I had money) buy a Fantom-G, instead of my X7, and have a huge machine.
But I didn't. So how Roland could have money, or trust in us, that we could buy the "fantom-2015" if Roland saw that the market is down?
Hmm...
Again, I had some hard time with some other Roland fans. But we discuss it, we @#)($*#@()_&@ inside, and realize that , this forum is for HELPING EACH OTHER, not for @#(#*@#^&()_$)&#21 on each other.
;)

6. Yes, I remember too, the day that Artemyi post his first Fantom-G pictures. I saw the joy. That was a beautiful day. No one, and I say it again, NO ONE KNOWS HOW MANY DAYS, ENERGY, was spended for this dream, and not only by Artemyi, but by his family too, that support his passion.

At the end, I have only one question:
How many of you, did find help here, for your Roland Gear, without being forced to buy or donate?
I didn't see any "you must donate to post a question here!" !!!

Thank you all. Yes. Thank you All of the members that help me, and help the other Roland Crazy Fans.
Including Artemyi.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

I'm saddened that a life could be so empty that someone would re-join a forum apparently just to pick at a 4 year old scab.

Roland have never endorsed or paid for this forum. It is entirely independant. It is what *we* all make it.
OnceUponAtime

Post by OnceUponAtime »

Andy Keys wrote:I'm saddened that a life could be so empty that someone would re-join a forum apparently just to pick at a 4 year old scab.

Roland have never endorsed or paid for this forum. It is entirely independant. It is what *we* all make it.
I'm moved by how loyal you still are to your admin (and once owner of this place), but look around you. I see no empty life, only a desperately empty forum. ;)
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

OnceUponAtime wrote:I'm moved by how loyal you still are to your admin (and once owner of this place), but look around you. I see no empty life, only a desperately empty forum. ;)
I have no loyalty to Artemiy, but I do have an awful lot of respect for him and for his work.

The problems that face Roland today are of their own making. They throw out new products (an endless stream of MIDI accordions and piano benches, it sometimes seems) that they then do not support. They do not listen to their hardcore customers. What do you expect to happen to such a brand? :)
OnceUponAtime

Post by OnceUponAtime »

Andy Keys wrote:
OnceUponAtime wrote:I'm moved by how loyal you still are to your admin (and once owner of this place), but look around you. I see no empty life, only a desperately empty forum. ;)
I have no loyalty to Artemiy, but I do have an awful lot of respect for him and for his work.The problems that face Roland today are of their own making. They throw out new products (an endless stream of MIDI accordions and piano benches, it sometimes seems) that they then do not support. They do not listen to their hardcore customers. What do you expect to happen to such a brand? :)
I'm glad that you are allowed to speak the truth freely. The situation with Roland is exactly as you say, but once upon a time this kind of comment against Roland would have been deleted in minutes. That's what I'm taking about. Many useful users who contributed a lot to this forum were banished away simply by pointing out this obvious and profound lack of support by Roland. That's why the forum is so empty now.
I wish that Art would let himself see this back in those days. But his selfishness and lack of insight, his blind loyalty to Roland, his inability to see where things were heading with this attitude, led the forum to be as it is today.
I have really nothing else to say. I just wanted to write what was left to be written, all the things that back in the day nobody was allowed to speak out. Nothing more, nothing less.
Macska

Post by Macska »

I wasn't around here back in 2010 or before, but I will say that I appreciate rolandclan for having such a friendly environment to it. The users generally seem to be more mature than other forums and I enjoy the non-hostile atmosphere.

I think most people who research synths enough to visit online forums about them know the shortcomings of gear before they buy it, and it gets annoying to see thread after thread of people hating on something they don't understand or misjudge. Most other synth gear forums remind me very much of video game forums where the topic is always "Microsoft VS Nintendo" or "Who won E3?" And it's just sad because you know a lot of these people who spend their time complaining do that more than making music with the gear they do have.

Anyways, I never was around during Artemy's involvement with the forum, but I'm very grateful for the forum and community he created here.

And Cyclops I don't know you either, lay off the cough syrup for a while ok?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

OnceUponAtime wrote:
Andy Keys wrote:
I have no loyalty to Artemiy, but I do have an awful lot of respect for him and for his work.The problems that face Roland today are of their own making. They throw out new products (an endless stream of MIDI accordions and piano benches, it sometimes seems) that they then do not support. They do not listen to their hardcore customers. What do you expect to happen to such a brand? :)
I'm glad that you are allowed to speak the truth freely. The situation with Roland is exactly as you say, but once upon a time this kind of comment against Roland would have been deleted in minutes. That's what I'm taking about. Many useful users who contributed a lot to this forum were banished away simply by pointing out this obvious and profound lack of support by Roland. That's why the forum is so empty now.
I wish that Art would let himself see this back in those days. But his selfishness and lack of insight, his blind loyalty to Roland, his inability to see where things were heading with this attitude, led the forum to be as it is today.
I have really nothing else to say. I just wanted to write what was left to be written, all the things that back in the day nobody was allowed to speak out. Nothing more, nothing less.
I think almost everything was said here, but I want to add only one small thing...

RolandClan Forum was built mainly in order to help people using (or planning to use) Roland gear!
And that, irrespective of what you say, was and continues to be COMPLETELY ACCOMPLISHED!!

Some of the (very few) guys that you say contributed a lot to this forum were banished because "they spoke the truth" about Roland... well, the thing is, they were banished not because what they said about Roland (as this is not a Roland site, but a site about Roland gear, in case you missed the point) but because the disrespectful way they behaved with all the others around here. They became so F* arrogant and thinking to be "superior" (in their poor minds...) compared to all the other guys, that they were too egocentric so just couldn't support not being in the spot light, so they were better at destroying.
Believe me, despite their "intense knowledge" they are not missed here, as their intention was all but help the others, and those are definitely better off here.

Take care
P