Integra 8 coming soon?

Forum for Integra 7
lol

Re: Integra 8 coming soon?

Post by lol »

Oh yeah no problem at all, no offense intended, none taken anyway.

It's just that... the sketch you're drawing is about an imaginary company, not Roland, because at the moment, Roland really is a mess, and nothing good is to come out of this mess until it has restored its finances afloat.

You don't want to hear it, it's ok, denial doesn't do anything more to it.

Have fun
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

Maybe you read a little about the purpose of a 'management buyout' before claiming your view is more realistic than the view of other users. Roland took drastic steps to improve its finances in 2014. BTW, criticizing at the same time that Roland is not improving its finances AND the shift of manufacturing to China is not very consistent.
Roland's present executive (since the buyout) has been with Roland for an eternity and, among others, was involved in the development of the SRX expansion boards. A good sign to me.
DNGmaestro

Post by DNGmaestro »

lol wrote:Oh yeah no problem at all, no offense intended, none taken anyway.

It's just that... the sketch you're drawing is about an imaginary company, not Roland, because at the moment, Roland really is a mess, and nothing good is to come out of this mess until it has restored its finances afloat.

Have fun
lol you're an idiot.

Roland is actually at a new peak. Both critically and financially.

Sorry they're not making whatever it is you want them to make :(
lol

Post by lol »

Yeah whatever...

you'll see
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

lol wrote:Oh yeah no problem at all, no offense intended, none taken anyway.

Have fun
Are you for real, man?

Of course no offence is taken or intended; we're discussing stuff, and none of it's personal. Thank you for clarifying that. Nobody wants to stoop that low, brother.

However, instead of accusing me / us of not wanting to hear something and being in denial, why not address the many points I took the time to take you up on? I'm a very slow "typist" and therefore did spend quite some time on that post; it's somewhat deflating to see that your "comeback" was simply the aforementioned denial accusation and the suggestion that I painted a picture of an imaginary company.

On that last point, by the way, all I was attempting to do was make logical projections based on the few facts we have at hand. The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that whilst your extrapolations paint a scene of an apocalyptic nature, mine / ours manifest as one of hope. The "debate", surely, is as to who's closer to the pin.

Thank you for your time, lol. I've noticed that in the past you've been more than willing to rant at some length; please feel free to indulge yourself once again, but this time, just for lil' ol' me, could you at least be a little more specific in your response/s to my many counter-arguments presented on page 2?

Again, thank you in advance, bro'. If there's something worthwhile knowing, I'd like to see it. If illogical conclusions to known facts are all you've got, save yourself the time by not responding. I'll surely understand. I want you to know there's no intention here to come across as being rude or insulting. You seem very confident in the efficacy of your reading of the few tea leaves we have, and I'd like to understand why this is so.
lol

Post by lol »

Look, it's not that I don't like the Integra-7, actually I use it every day with the same joy since the beginning.

It's not either that I wouldn't like to see an Integra-8 coming around, it's just that you don't seem to realize the current situation Roland is facing, which is a sort of industrial ground zero.

The fact that the strong past R&D serves today's business doesn't change anything to it. Roland is hitting a "new high" from your point of view because the press praises the late models and fears Roland disappearing (and these models are good indeed), but the R&D these products are based upon is aging and nothing new or so good or so big is coming since the European (Italian mostly) R&D department was abolished during the last 2 years.

You see brands announcing their rebirth, GEM namely announced it is coming back. Well, GEM R&D went on Physis piano R&D when GEM ceased in 2008, so where do a new GEM in Italy would take it's R&D team on you opinion, now that Roland European R&D is down?

But sure the new R&D at Roland is working on something, only they're not there yet, and the finance for this R&D is not quite in the line neither in this economy, so... sure you'll see *new* products with blinking LED knobs and all from Roland with fancy DJ stuff and what not, but no innovation soon.

And again, it's not that I would not like it to happen
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

lol wrote:Look, it's not that I don't like the Integra-7, actually I use it every day with the same joy since the beginning.

It's not either that I wouldn't like to see an Integra-8 coming around, it's just that you don't seem to realize the current situation Roland is facing, which is a sort of industrial ground zero.

The fact that the strong past R&D serves today's business doesn't change anything to it. Roland is hitting a "new high" from your point of view because the press praises the late models and fears Roland disappearing (and these models are good indeed), but the R&D these products are based upon is aging and nothing new or so good or so big is coming since the European (Italian mostly) R&D department was abolished during the last 2 years.

You see brands announcing their rebirth, GEM namely announced it is coming back. Well, GEM R&D went on Physis piano R&D when GEM ceased in 2008, so where do a new GEM in Italy would take it's R&D team on you opinion, now that Roland European R&D is down?

But sure the new R&D at Roland is working on something, only they're not there yet, and the finance for this R&D is not quite in the line neither in this economy, so... sure you'll see *new* products with blinking LED knobs and all from Roland with fancy DJ stuff and what not, but no innovation soon.

It's recovery time for all brands... take a look to Korg or Yamaha... no new developments either
specialplant

Post by specialplant »

lol wrote: [...] but the R&D these products are based upon is aging and nothing new or so good or so big is coming since the European (Italian mostly) R&D department was abolished during the last 2 years.

As far as I know, the European R&D department of Roland dealt with arranger keyboards, but not synthesizers, whose R&D has always been in Japan.

Regarding GEM, the brand is being re-released by a FINNISH company called Sounion, it won't be based in Italy any more. I doubt there is a connection to Roland Europe. See:
http://www.musictrades.com/profile22.html
http://www.generalmusic.com/
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Nobody on this planet has truely maxed out the synthesis capability of the I7.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

lol wrote:Look, it's not that I don't like the Integra-7, actually I use it every day with the same joy since the beginning.

Dude, you've made my day. All I wanted was to coax a "proper" response out of you, so thank you very much!

I totally get where you're coming from, as I think you do I.

In response to your specifics, I think this
specialplant wrote:As far as I know, the European R&D department of Roland dealt with arranger keyboards, but not synthesizers, whose R&D has always been in Japan.

Regarding GEM, the brand is being re-released by a FINNISH company called Sounion, it won't be based in Italy any more. I doubt there is a connection to Roland Europe. See:
http://www.musictrades.com/profile22.html
http://www.generalmusic.com/
... and this
PauloF wrote:It's recovery time for all brands... take a look to Korg or Yamaha... no new developments either
... just about cover it.

I must say I'm relieved to hear you still love your ol' INTEGRA, lol. Woohoo!

Thanks again, mate.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Monkey Man wrote: I must say I'm relieved to hear you still love your ol' INTEGRA, lol. Woohoo!
INTEGRA ROCKS!!!
;-)
spottingjonah

Post by spottingjonah »

I recall a brief conversation I had at NAMM 2014 with a relatively well known (youtube) Roland rep. I mentioned the apparent lack of build quality of the new FA series he was giving a demo on. I asked him when Roland was planning to release a true "flagship" board akin to a next gen G8. He did a quick double take (I was the only one standing there) and he said something like "Well, we need to have cash flow and pay the bills before we take big steps like that. These less expensive models are poised to do that for us." (A little paraphrase there... it was over a year ago)

He mentioned other interesting things, but that one comment stuck in my head. I didn't get a chance to chat with him this year, but I do wonder where that comment came from and how they're doing now.

Here's hoping for the best...
FxProject

Post by FxProject »

At music mess Roland Will release the jd Xa (with its small brother Jd-Xi)
And Roland Will release 4 expanders ( thèse are Little brothers of integra7)
They have différents sounds or différent style of synthesis

Fx-project
https://soundcloud.com/fx-project
https://soundcloud.com/fx-project/landscape
FxProject

Post by FxProject »

At music mess Roland Will release the jd Xa (with its small brother Jd-Xi)
And Roland Will release 4 expanders ( thèse are Little brothers of integra7)
They have différents sounds or différent style of synthesis

Fx-project
https://soundcloud.com/fx-project
https://soundcloud.com/fx-project/landscape
brooster

Post by brooster »

Integra 88 Winter NAMM 2017??