usb/Asio routing and still get sound from the internal speak

Forum for boutique synths
my05

usb/Asio routing and still get sound from the internal speak

Post by my05 »

I got my 03 yesterday, installed the driver (midi/audio) and fired up Sonar (my DAW). In there, i selected the Boutique-driver as audio and did some playing. I didn't have anything connected to the line-out (3.5) on the back since i assumed that the audio would come out of the usb instead.

It did not. The sound was coming out of the tiny speaker. Is that by design? Or is there a way to turn the speaker of and have it route the audio signal via usb into the DAW?
marctronixx

Re: usb/Asio routing and still get sound from the internal s

Post by marctronixx »

you need the analog audio out port connected to get analog sound. if you connect the module to the k25m then the sound will come through the speaker as you see. this is normal.

if you want to mute the speaker on the keybed, plug in an unused 3.5mm plug into the headphones to mute the speaker in the keybed.. or use the module sans keybed.

i connect the boutiques through usb to the aira mx-1. the usb on the mx1 and the boutique sends audio and power through usb
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

I'm not seeing how the K-25m is relevant.
The OP didn't mention using a K-25m.
I too, am trying to grasp the functionality delivered via USB and the Boutique driver vs. Connecting the module via an audio interface.

CB
marctronixx

Post by marctronixx »

yeah yeah my bag.. point is still the same.. plug in a 3.5mm socket and the speaker is muted.
arcwlf

Post by arcwlf »

On my JU and JX if you turn the volume on the back up full it cuts the internal speaker when connected via USB (turn it down a bit and it kicks back in) which seems a bit strange but there you go.
apauw

Post by apauw »

I've got a JU-06 and cannot confirm this. When I power it through USB on my laptop (and laptop on), even with the volume crancked up on max the speaker still sounds.

Albert
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

I'm pretty sure none of my boutiques exhibit this behaviour.

CB
arcwlf

Post by arcwlf »

Tried it last night, JU-06 into MX1 (USB3)

Volume right up on back of unit = sound thru MX1 only.
Volume turned down slightly on back of unit = sound thru MX1 and internal speaker at same time.
pstnotpd

Post by pstnotpd »

Just attached my new D05 to usb3 and am getting different behaviour. Volume turned all down still gives sound through USB and can be controlled from the mx1 itself. Changing volume only turns up the internal speaker but doesn't seem to have any effect on the USB audio output.

V1.02