Headphones Jack

Forum for SH-201
CRMP

Headphones Jack

Post by CRMP »

Hi, I can't get stereo sound in the headphones (and I tried the headphones with another device and they are fine). Is there a setting or something that can make the right one mute? Or how can I do a factory reset. I can't believe that the jack is damaged. Thanks, CRMP
DaniH

Re: Headphones Jack

Post by DaniH »

1. Turn off the SH-201.
2. While holding both PRESET and USER, turn on the keyboard. After a few seconds, WRITE and CANCEL will flash.
3. Press WRITE.

Taken from Roland support.
DaniH

Post by DaniH »

Also, what did you test you headphones with?? Certain DJ mixers would blow the right side channel on my lower quality headphones. Not saying yours are.
CRMP

Post by CRMP »

Thanks, I did the factory reset but it didn't fix the issue. The headphones are new (Roland RS-5) and I tested them with my home theater and they work fine. I tested another pair of headphones with the synth and same story. I only hear a little sound coming out of the right one. It's either a balance adjustment (nowhere in the manual) or the right output is damaged. Although somebody told me that if I'm using an adaptor with the headphones (I am but due to the size of the jack), that can cause the problem.
CRMP

Post by CRMP »

Sorry, the headphones are Roland RH-5 and I'm using the adapter (1/4 to 1/8) but I'm sure that adapter should handle stereo sound..
CRMP

Post by CRMP »

I fixed it. In case anybody wants to know, it was stuck on mono sound from the external input. See pages 52 and 55 of the manual. I just played with it until I got stereo.