MV creator

Forum for MV-8000/8800
Pizzagogo

MV creator

Post by Pizzagogo »

Hi Happy new owner of an mv-8000 here.
Opinions seems to say the the chicken systems MV creator software seems a bit of an essential purchase. Looking into this there seem to be 2 version a LE & a PRO version of this software (well more accurately 3 cause there is a free demo version as well i believe).
Ive done a bit of searching on their site & general internet but Im surprised but I cant find comparison of the 2 versions.
I was hoping someone here might be have experience of both versions able to quantify if the PRO version is worth the extra cost?
thanks very much
waxdat

Re: MV creator

Post by waxdat »

Get the Pro version period. Wait until around Memorial Day. They offer half off on their products around that time.
xtro1

Post by xtro1 »

I've had the mv for about 6 or 7 years now and I didnt even know there was different software. Im glad I read your post. Now I can see what I've been missing out on. I always thought there was only 1 version. the one the machine came with but now I know. Thanks. Im going to see about these other versions now. Ty. What genre of music are u into doing mostly?
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

I've had the Pro version since 2008. I remember when people on MV-Nation where dissing the hell out of one of the guys from Chicken Systems (CS) who helped make the program just because they didn't receive the program on a CD. ???

Thanks goodness CS keeps updating the program even to this day! It's definitely worth the money since no one else is helping out the Roland MV community.

If you like the MV Kit Creator program, or if you don't (include constructive criticism), contact CS by email (support@apmmusic.com) or online (http://www.chickensys.com/cgibin/user_b ... kitcreator) telling them so!! CS is great at responding to issues and concerns that their customers have about their products.

BTW... There is a new update for the Pro users to Version 1.5 build 28.
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

Version 1.5 Build 31 is up.
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

Version 1.5 Build 32 is up.
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

Great that they keep updating the app.
conecthink

Post by conecthink »

think its worth noting you can use MPC editor for free for kitmaking on the computer..the site I got it from is called http://www.midicase.com. Its an end of life program, and I think the developers just give the program away now cause I see no limitation in the free version.

it says compatible with some older windows version but i use it on windows 10.. ive had an issue with the samples on the mv sounding like noise...this was helped by saving the kit as an mpc3000 kit (I believe, theres only 3 option for that really so easy to figure out)

you can change settings for each pad aswell..you get a .pgm patch with .snd's in it. I dont know what that does with the quality of the wav's you put in..but it seems fine
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

The MPC Editor program is good but it doesn't have the options that MV Kit Creator Pro has.
I still use both programs on my Mac.
Striker10

Post by Striker10 »

Can you go into a bit of detail as to the differences that pro offers as opposed to using the MPC Editor? Thanks
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

MV Kit Creator Version 1.5 Build 35 is out now.
waxdat

Post by waxdat »

waxdat

Post by waxdat »

All 6 banks instead of 4 with the MPC editor. Drop . Rex files and have the samples spread across pads from the .rex file. An auto sampler built in. There is other stuff as well.
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

MV Kit Creator Pro Version 1.5 Build 36.3.0 is out now for update.
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

MV Kit Creator Pro Version 1.5 Build 37.3.0 is out now for update.