kmtaylor

Re: Juno Gi Editor

Post by kmtaylor »

Latest developments:

I've added an interface:
gi_editor.png
gi_editor.png (32.58 KiB) Viewed 9735 times
Not very flash yet, but quite usable.

I've also added a readme in the tarball.

The current roadmap:
1. Write patch loading, unloading and editing interface.
2. Write midi mapper, mapping arbitrary midi instructions to Juno Gi sysex
events.
Attachments
gi_editor.tar.bz2
(19.38 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
kmtaylor

Post by kmtaylor »

This project is now being hosted on github:

github.com/kmtaylor/gi_editor
kmtaylor

Post by kmtaylor »

I've just added patch loading/unloading in the form of a copy/paste type routine in sysex_explorer.

A real uploader/downloader to file will appear shortly.

I would be keen for others to try it out as I'm sure it still has bugs.

Anyway, this at least proves that patch loading/unloading works!
kmtaylor

Post by kmtaylor »

Another cool thing about this copy paste routine is that "classes" can include not only user patches, but layers, offsets, or anything with a common group of settings.

This way, if you've set up layer 1 the way you like it, and you want another detuned copy of it on layer 2, just copy and paste and hey presto, it's done!
kmtaylor

Post by kmtaylor »

There is now experimental support for Windows, using Cygwin and the Windows port of Jack. I would appreciate it if others could help test this for me, as I currently don't have access to my Juno.
SuperG

Post by SuperG »

do you plan to make it work as a VST?

Because if there is an editor, i want to use it in my DAW.

Please don't stop your project. Good luck.
MrItara

Post by MrItara »

Hi kmtaylor, tyvm for the creation of an editor. I am an on the road keyboardist but i also record and play around with my keyboard and atm the Juno Gi in the only keybed im using for because a week ago i killed my juno G. I was wondering if theres any posible way using your editor to replicate or copy/paste juno G patches in the Gi. I have yet to use your editor because i only have a mac laptop on me but i should be getting home this week to do so. Btw im really new using the Gi and im in desperate need of a great grand piano patch and a "movie like/rudess style" complex string patch. Thank you very much
kmtaylor

Post by kmtaylor »

Hi MrItara

Unfortunately you cannot transfer your Juno G patches to your Juno Gi, as the two keyboards use a different sound engine. The patches are therefore not compatible.
Español

Post by Español »

Hi kmtaylor!!!
I am very interested in using your editor for my Juno Gi, but I am writing from Spain and I do not know where to star, so:
Is there some basic operating instructions in Spanish? To know where to begin, and install the editor on my PC.
Does it work on Windows 7 32 bits?.
Español

Post by Español »

Hi kmtaylor!!! 
I am very interested in using your editor for my Juno Gi, but I am writing from Spain and I do not know where to star, so: 
Is there some basic operating instructions in Spanish or English? To know where to begin, and install the editor on my PC.
Does it work on Windows 7 64 bits?. 
SovereignSun

Post by SovereignSun »

Does this editor actually work?
kmtaylor

Post by kmtaylor »

Yes it works. It's fairly mature now. I've used it on stage and regularly while setting up multitimbral backing parts. For a live set up, I run it from a Rasberry Pi and use it to allow realtime tweaking of patches with a Korg NanoControl controller.

Espanol - It's been a while since I've tested it with Windows. But as a start - you'll need to get Jack and Cygwin installed, along with all of the usual build packages (gcc, make, autotools).

Perhaps you can PM me with any problems that you have and I'll try to help you out.
Fubar

Post by Fubar »

Hi there,

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your efforts in helping to support the Gi users, it's incredibly disappointing that Roland have chosen not to support Gi users.

I just bought a Gi from eBay and I simply assumed Roland would have provided an efitor, I was very surprised to discover this was not the case!

I'll let you know how I get on and may drop you a line to let you know how I get on (or if I get stuck).

Kind regards,

George Wood

PS can you confirm the latest version, and any additional software required?