Controlling XT from V-Synth classic (ver 2.0)

Forum for V-Synth, V-Synth XT, V-Synth GT and V-cards
xanlan

Controlling XT from V-Synth classic (ver 2.0)

Post by xanlan »

Hi everyone! I'm a new member of the group, so I apologize if this has been answered before, but I have not been able to find ANY info on this topic on the web! I have recently acquired a V-Synth XT for my studio to replace the classic 2.0 keyboard and make some room. I've had no luck selling it thus far, so I've decided to just keep it and the D50 card at this point. That said, I've heard it said over and over again that the XT is significantly more functional if controlled by a V-Synth classic than other boards, but I've never heard a) why, or b) if there's any special connectivity needed (other than simple MIDI in/out). Anyone have experience with this setup? Thanks!
Quinnx.

Re: Controlling XT from V-Synth classic (ver 2.0)

Post by Quinnx. »

I have both
but have never tryed to do this..
overall it should work since sysex should be the same
PauloF

Re: Controlling XT from V-Synth classic (ver 2.0)

Post by PauloF »

xanlan wrote:Hi everyone! I'm a new member of the group, so I apologize if this has been answered before, but I have not been able to find ANY info on this topic on the web! I have recently acquired a V-Synth XT for my studio to replace the classic 2.0 keyboard and make some room. I've had no luck selling it thus far, so I've decided to just keep it and the D50 card at this point. That said, I've heard it said over and over again that the XT is significantly more functional if controlled by a V-Synth classic than other boards, but I've never heard a) why, or b) if there's any special connectivity needed (other than simple MIDI in/out). Anyone have experience with this setup? Thanks!
Welcome to the Clan!
Unfortunately I don't own any of them (had a V-Synth XT but regrettably had to sell it...), but from what I read about, it could be true yes, because they use the same CC and SysEx messages to control the same parameters and they have a settings area to control external gear that seems to have been made with that in mind...

Cheers,
PauloF