Why is there zero chance for communication with Roland?

Talk about anything here
JD Knight

Why is there zero chance for communication with Roland?

Post by JD Knight »

there is no chance, that somebody official from ROLAND side acts as a spokesman on this board?

it is so frustrating to beg for OS updates, have to make a petition and so on.

couldn't there be the least effort from ROLAND side to send signals to us?
Devnor

Re: Why is there zero chance for communication with Roland?

Post by Devnor »

Many years ago, we used to have a Roland guy here until the pitch fork crew arrived.
cello

Post by cello »

You're just going to have to trust me on this - but Roland staff do read these boards.

Whilst they may give info from here to Roland JP (Japan), does not of course mean action follows. For example, I know of a huge effort by many Roland staff to get a librarian for the Jupiter 80 - Roland JP elected not to provide it.

So - my advice is keep posting your thoughts (positive and/or negative); they will be read, they may be passed on to Roland JP. Some things will come, others won't.

That's the way it is - but I know for sure Roland staff care about opinions about their products and are interested to read of our experiences with them.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

There is no official Roland presence here, but individuals may drop in from time to time.
I would write to my local Roland office direct, or even write to Roland Japan, if you prefer.
JD Knight

Post by JD Knight »

I asked ROLAND GER about a new OS for the JD-XA, so - at least(!) - patterns can be switched without stopping the sequencer.

The did not have any information.

I emailed ROLAND headquarter.

No answer at all.

And you all know that it is like that.
But 30 new products for 909 day, that's important, of course...
prophonic

Post by prophonic »

JD Knight wrote:I asked ROLAND GER about a new OS for the JD-XA, so - at least(!) - patterns can be switched without stopping the sequencer.

The did not have any information.

I emailed ROLAND headquarter.

No answer at all.
Hey, i sent them an email yesterday. Let's give it a week or so and if there is zero response let's draft an open letter that we publish on a few websites simultaneously. Somebody on this forum i believe announced he/she would file a petition on petition.org. No idea if he really did.
JD Knight

Post by JD Knight »

Maybe it would be even better to start a page on which all the petitions adressed to instrument manufacturers are collected.

Let's assume we will see more petitions the next months/years, i'd guess they gain power if being "bundled" on one page instead of getting lost singularly.
o carl

Post by o carl »

Roland have cost reduced, so maybe the staff is scary to get fired, if they wrote anything that could be seen by boss.

the sell and promotion staff are fools, who belive customer will by only to see a stupid video on youtube.
Roland uk, produce that stupid vids with a girl who been a star using juno ds.

if I will bye something I will know feature and real facts about that product. not fantasy arund that gear.

hope technical staff wrote user manual. juno ds are better than says in manual and promotion video.

Roland support and Roland channel and ed diaz make great userguide video, on youtube. more of that please.

hope private person make user guide video also.