Any way to get a longer keyboard to g6

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
0kk0p3kk4

Any way to get a longer keyboard to g6

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

So like, Lets say I have the fantom g6 and I feel the keyboard size isnt enough. G8 is too heavy and actually g7 would be ideal but those dont move that much around in Europe.

Using secong keyboard isnt an option. I was thinking like If I could buy x7 and take its keys and replace/modify the g6 but the adapter that attaches to the circuit board isnt the same.

If you get what I am after, do you have any ideas?

The point being, somehow replace the g6 keyboard to a longer one, keeping the device as kind of one piece with maybe some modification.

Thanks.
Quinnx.

Re: Any way to get a longer keyboard to g6

Post by Quinnx. »

Your Nuts!!

I know there have been time i would also like a larger keys but ultimately the only option is a controller
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

if we continue on this, how would this actually go, like if using livemode and stacking sound layers with KBD - If I then put a regular controller via midi, it only plays on one midi channel? so the actual sound stack is not played, right? If so, can this be overcome with a controller that has an omnimode, or how do we see this?

Or if this doesnt work in any way, live mode sounds should be put to use the same midi channel?`

But if you have an external module also involved, if using this one midichannel-tehnic, then does it play all the time also?
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

I think.. switching on REMOTE KEYBOARD option will take of most of it..
if not.. you would simple set the midi channel for each live set channel to ch1 and save the live set to be used with your controller..
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

Yeah, remote seemed to do the trick, hooray!