Roland 909 day new products

Talk about anything here
JUKE179r

Re: Roland 909 day new products

Post by JUKE179r »

Another MIDI saxophone with USB3 connectivity.
cello

Post by cello »

My guesses

No workstation

More AIRA - TR-9 (or upgrade pack for TR-8), extended System-1?

Something Boutique

Something brand new (XA on steroids? Big ACB concept which has boutiques built in but 8 voices?)

Who knows. But I know my wallet is getting nervous...
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

The 5 new synths that are promised has my wallet seriously worried.
Thanks goodness there is only around 2 weeks until they are revealed.
I wonder what these 5 new synths will be???

http://tfr.roland.com/us/products

This was taken from the Roland page:
"As ‘The Future. Redefined’ event live-streams from the German capital, prepare for the first sighting of the new additions to Roland’s acclaimed synth range. You won’t believe what they’re capable of".

http://tfr.roland.com/us/news/130

Interesting...we shall see on 9-09, that's a pretty big claim.
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

I hope a nice ACB synth, with decent polyphony and Boutique plugouts.
realtrance

Post by realtrance »

I'm telling myself I don't NEED to buy more. REALLY.

Sigh....

Despite all the usual internet whining, I'm sure it's all going to be awesome.

I'll get there, eventually. My old XP-80 is still great, in mint shape, and I love playing it, still.
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

although I'm always interested to see what they are coming up/out with, after selling my Jupiter 80 (overkill for my needs and no librarian), I backtracked to my Juno Stage, which I love and will never part with. I really don't know what else I'd ever need that I can't get with supplementary keyboards and soft synths (I use Novation Mini Nova). We will see!
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

Crap, I just got my Integra 7 ...oh well
kday

Post by kday »

If they don't debut a new competitive Workstation that can compete with the Motif XF, Montage, or kronos I won't be buying anything Roland.

5 synths ? They better have a flagship or top of the line. I don't need to see another low budget play toy.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

I'm reading various forums once again people are setting themselves for failure, massive disappointment and the subsequent crying, whining and the empty threat someone will "never buy another Roland product" that eventually ensues. Let me help you manage your fragile emotions:

*** there will be no high end workstation or synthesizer announced ***

Powerful yet affordable products is Roland's MO.

The reality is most users have yet to max out the capabilities of their current high end workstation or Jupiters yet.
kday

Post by kday »

What possessed you to become armchair Dr Know-it-All when you have absolutely no clue what's coming down the pike? People like you is what put a dent in potential Roland synthesizer excitement. Let the people believe what they want, instead of being the Grinch that stole Roland's PR announcements.

I think people here have a long history of Roland re-hashing the Accordion, Digital Piano, low budget synths, Drum Pads, Guitar Tuners and big useless website countdowns long enough to know to not get too excited about new Roland product announcements. After the Fantom X, it all went downhill for Roland consumers.
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

Devnor wrote:I'm reading various forums once again people are setting themselves for failure, massive disappointment and the subsequent crying, whining and the empty threat someone will "never buy another Roland product" that eventually ensues. Let me help you manage your fragile emotions:

The reality is most users have yet to max out the capabilities of their current high end workstation or Jupiters yet.
Word!
cello

Post by cello »

Devnor wrote:I'm reading various forums once again people are setting themselves for failure, massive disappointment and the subsequent crying, whining and the empty threat someone will "never buy another Roland product" that eventually ensues. Let me help you manage your fragile emotions:

True!
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

kday wrote: I think people here have a long history of Roland re-hashing the Accordion, Digital Piano, low budget synths, Drum Pads, Guitar Tuners and big useless website countdowns long enough to know to not get too excited about new Roland product announcements. After the Fantom X, it all went downhill for Roland consumers.
See, you are already whining. All downhill for Roland customers? Not this customer and I'm not alone in that thinking. I'm actually excited. I'm looking for another synth and I'd rather not pay $4000.00.
kday

Post by kday »

Devnor wrote:
kday wrote: I think people here have a long history of Roland re-hashing the Accordion, Digital Piano, low budget synths, Drum Pads, Guitar Tuners and big useless website countdowns long enough to know to not get too excited about new Roland product announcements. After the Fantom X, it all went downhill for Roland consumers.
See, you are already whining. All downhill for Roland customers? Not this customer and I'm not alone in that thinking. I'm actually excited. I'm looking for another synth and I'd rather not pay $4000.00.
If that's the case most everybody have whined. Roland have made a bunch of shitty products since the Fantom X. I hope Roland make some new great products too, and I'm waiting eagerly to support them. But from pass history of Roland dealings, and having bought their expensive VS-700 system with audio interface and console, and then a few years after buying this expensive set of equipment they wouldn't even update the drivers to work with windows 10.

So from those perspectives I considered Roland a shitty company that only made more shitty products since the Fantom X. With the exception of the Roland VS-700, which was a great product, but they abandoning it only after a few years made many many customers including myself give Roland the middle finger.

I have a Kronos and a Motif, and was hoping they would at least pick up from the Fantom X/G in their synth dept, or again they may get your money, but not mine until they make something worth buying to me. If they build a useful product to me, I'll buy it. if not, then that's you are here for.
spottingjonah

Post by spottingjonah »

From a very reliable source, don't expect anything significantly different from the path that Roland is currently on. Just more "innovation" from that end. If you're waiting for the next "flagship" type synth, your wait will continue. That is just not part of Roland's direction right now. All-in-one workstations are the past as far as Roland is concerned. Not my words... don't shoot the messenger.