JD-Xi Overlays

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
tomoe97

JD-Xi Overlays

Post by tomoe97 »

Just received the free JD-Xi overlays from Roland USA and the results are stunning! Thank you, Roland!
mamm7215

Re: JD-Xi Overlays

Post by mamm7215 »

How do you get these?
tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 »

1. Register your JD-Xi with Roland.

2. Go to Service & Repair > Parts Order Request.

3. Fill out Parts Order Request form for "JD-Xi Panel Overlays."

4. Wait for confirmation from Roland that the overlays are on their way.
andypandy

Post by andypandy »

This is awesome! Just put in the request and received confirmation it's on its way. Now, I'm stoked!
critter0107

Post by critter0107 »

Overlays really look sweet! Thx Roland!!!!!
Artmuzz

Post by Artmuzz »

I contacted Roland UK about the overlays for my JD-Xi and got a reply from them telling me that a I will have to email them a copy of my sales receipt and JD-Xi serial number then they will post overlays off to me. Is this normal practice? As I have been reading that other customers just asked and sent their postal address and to receive overlays. Hmmm.
len73

Post by len73 »

I contacted Roland Switzerland more than a week ago, but still no anwser...

I do hope to hear something soon.

Why don't they provide the overlays in a bit more obvious and easy way (reseller or online ordering...)
baz55

Post by baz55 »

I contacted Roland Germany 2 months ago and never got a reply. Not even a reply saying that they don't provide overlays. So much for customer service... :(
len73

Post by len73 »

len73 wrote:I contacted Roland Switzerland more than a week ago, but still no anwser...

I do hope to hear something soon.

Why don't they provide the overlays in a bit more obvious and easy way (reseller or online ordering...)
I sent my first mail to the wrong address... My fault.

I got an answer today, but it seems they simply do not know anything about a JDXi overlay. They've asked me where I got the information...Just gave them the link to this thread.

Hope to get one soon anyway...
cello

Post by cello »

To claim the Xi overlays in the UK, you should email customers@roland.co.uk.

I understand that they will be available soon.
SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken »

I am from Australia and when I went to repairs, it only had locally repairers, no ability to order parts?
I hate the black panel, I always have to use a torch to read what I am doing

:/
knobacon

Post by knobacon »

Just got my overlays yesterday. The postman folded it in half and stuffed into the mailbox. There is a crease on the right side panel but it is only visible in bright light. Looks amazing otherwise. Thanks Roland.
SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken »

I just got of the phone from Roland Australia and wow, what brilliant service
I am getting my overlay by simply mentioning this forum and explaining the overlay

Well done Roland, Kudos to your support

Anyone in Australia that wants one, call

Phone: +61 (02) 9982-8266

Hit 1 for customer service and all should be well

:D
mixe

Post by mixe »

Are these overlays only meant to improve readability, or are they meant to be written over, like it happens for the Arturia Microbrute? Can someone post a picture?

Everything looks perfectly legible on my white JD-Xi.

(when I went to buy it, I saw that a "limited" white edition was available and I bought it. Bizarrely for a limited edition, it was cheaper than the standard black one. Honestly, it looks less lame to me then the black one).
andypandy

Post by andypandy »

The overlay basically make up for the reflective panel on the JD-Xi. A lot of users have had complaints about how this affects the readability, especially in low lighting when the LED lights bleed out the words on the panel.

The overlay is more of a matte surface with the original labels for each knob/button with holes cut out for the LED lights and menu screen so you can still what's on/off. It actually looks really good and is easy to apply to the panel surface.

The overlay is also a slate black color with silver font. I'm not sure if there is a white overlay, but the black overlay could look really cool on the white.