Juno-G SysEx

Talk about anything here
Lubik912

Juno-G SysEx

Post by Lubik912 »

Hi,
Does anyone advise me how the Juno-G to send System Exclusive data of one performance to an external sequencer via MIDI? Or built-in Juno's sequencer? I read everywhere that the Juno-G is able to receive SysEx, but I can not find anywhere how to send. Even the song in ROM play called Say it!, these data have, but how they send?
rcraven

Re: Juno-G SysEx

Post by rcraven »

I would use the Library software to get your performance(s).
You can then hi light the one you are interested in and use the File / Export SMF (standard Midi file)
This SMF will load into most DAWs or you can 'play it' using MidiOx or another Midi player that supports Sysex.

The SMF just wraps the System Exclusive data with extra information so a Midi player can use it.

You can also use MidiOx to send a sysex command to get the performance and MidiOx will record it .
Or you can send the request sysex from a DAW and record the returning Performance sysex data in another track.
If you want to go that way let me know.

All the best
Royce
Lubik912

Post by Lubik912 »

Thank you for your answer, but I do not understand. My problem is, that I use the mc-50 as a sequencer and I need to send an exclusive data of one performance, which I created for a song. I need send them from synth to seq. For example I use XP-50 as first synth (ch 1-8) and I would like to use Juno-G as second synth (ch 9-16). Always 1 measure before sticks I have ex. data of any performance. With XP-50 can do this via MIDI send as temp performance and when playing back song, performance loads. It has such a similar function Juno-G?
Lubik912

Post by Lubik912 »

Now I understand what you meant. It's a scratching behind your left ear with your right hand, but it's probably the easiest way, since Juno-G does not have the midi dump function. It would be nice, if it worked. When in Librarian I export performance to smf, data is there and also I can see them in seq, but when I play them back, Juno-G does not respond. While midi sysex receive is on. Do you know anything advice me? I'm already desperate of it. Thank you.
Lubik912

Post by Lubik912 »

I've already come to that! It needs to be exported in juno-g editor and it works! Even though the data has 4kB. Thanks for your advice.