JUNO DS/XPS-30 SOLUTIONS/WISHLIST

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Tothead

JUNO DS/XPS-30 SOLUTIONS/WISHLIST

Post by Tothead »

INTRODUCTION:
I am starting this thread so that we can all address issues experienced as users. If you have anything to
submit, please post your reply. At some point the list will be emailed to Roland staff.

1) SEQUENCER / PERFORMANCE MODE LIMITATIONS
when you enter Pattern Sequencer mode, you cannot use many JUNO DS features incl.: keyboards split, dual, super layer (!), vocoder, use numeric input , favourites and audio.

2) GHOST NOTES with ext MIDI
playing few seconds of "ghost" notes from previously recorded loops, after changing the patterns.
This issue has been described here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=52126

3) SEQUENCER MIDI OUT
adding an option for sequencer to send out midi notes and midi clock, so that it can control external gear.
Submitted by Michael Anders
Michael Anders

Feature Request

Post by Michael Anders »

Hello,

i wish that the sequencer sends out midi notes and midi clock, so that i can use the sequencer with external gear.

Kind regards
Michael :-)
stingrayXXX

Re: JUNO DS/XPS-30 SOLUTIONS/WISHLIST

Post by stingrayXXX »

i think it needs a preview or view favorites when playing live.. theres a favorite utility but you cant change patch there.. its hard to memorize all your favorite patches location,,

also i think it need a redesign. i suggest to put the 4 knobs at the right. make the phrase pad smaller, put the pitch bender on the location of the 4 knobs.. so that it will be more compressed and smaller..

it also needs a small 3.55mm earphone jack slot in the front. and remove the earphone jack at the back.
jojoman

Post by jojoman »

I upgraded to the DS from the Di which has the nobs on the right. I find the DS to be a better redesign with the nobs on the left because when tweaking I'm playing with the right hand which I'm sure is probably the case for most people.
o carl

Post by o carl »

internal memory battery would be changeable from a plate outside. and have connectors so to connect a spare battery during change, so memory never get lost.

hope we never need to open up cover to reached battery in future
dievas

Post by dievas »

The arpeggio in sequencer mode does not works also :(
Michael Anders

Post by Michael Anders »

The arpeggio works in sequencer mode. :-) You have to set the right PART in arpeggio. It can be set from 1 - 8. Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what i mean.
dievas

Post by dievas »

Michael Anders wrote:The arpeggio works in sequencer mode. :-) You have to set the right PART in arpeggio. It can be set from 1 - 8. Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what i mean.
I did not know this. Thank you very much :)
dievas

Post by dievas »

Tothead wrote:INTRODUCTION:
I am starting this thread so that we can all address issues experienced as users. If you have anything to
submit, please post your reply. At some point the list will be emailed to Roland staff.

1) SEQUENCER / PERFORMANCE MODE LIMITATIONS
when you enter Pattern Sequencer mode, you cannot use many JUNO DS features incl.: keyboards split, dual, super layer (!), vocoder, use numeric input , favourites and audio.

2) GHOST NOTES with ext MIDI
playing few seconds of "ghost" notes from previously recorded loops, after changing the patterns.
This issue has been described here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=52126

3) SEQUENCER MIDI OUT
adding an option for sequencer to send out midi notes and midi clock, so that it can control external gear.
Submitted by Michael Anders

Please Roland.

We need a Firmware upgrade to solve these points and make the Juno DS great.
dievas

Post by dievas »

EXP free Axial expansions can't be saved in the internal memory of the Juno DS.
songbird0263

Post by songbird0263 »

My wish.

Ability to load midi files unto usb flash drive.
jojoman

Post by jojoman »

dievas wrote:EXP free Axial expansions can't be saved in the internal memory of the Juno DS.
As the whole EXP collection no, but let's say you find an organ patch that you like. Just "WRITE" it to a "USER" patch. You can keep it the same or rewrite the name although it's a good idea to keep notes on where the original patch came from. That way you have a starting point again should you change the patch beyond what you first started with.

The DS has twice as many USER patches as the Di so that makes it easier to build up a bigger collection from the EXP patches.
mysteraa

Post by mysteraa »

The Pattern Sequencer really could use the updates mentioned. Also how to edit the sequence and add to it in a DAW?

Also, more tutorial videos from Roland. The ones that are up are certainly appreciated, but it would be nice to have more given the amount of functions this board has. One could be how to properly upload and playback samples, how customize the knobs, working with a DAW, and several other tips and tricks.
gris

Post by gris »

PLEASE ROLAND UPDATE THE JUNO DI EDITOR TO BE 100% COMPATIBLE WITH JUNO DS!
Tothead

Post by Tothead »

Hah, I forgot it is not possible to edit starting post after a while, so I cannot update it, anyway, the email will be sent to Roland's staff this weekend.