Step Sequencer

Forum for Juno-DS and XPS-30 keyboards
Kristopher

Step Sequencer

Post by Kristopher »

Am I correct in understanding that the DS-88 has no step sequencer?
o carl

Re: Step Sequencer

Post by o carl »

is there in future update possible, to use external usb-memory. To expand pattern lenght. Would be great to have more than 8 measure. than one track in the pattern sequencer can be useful as a real time recorder with hundreds of measure
Tothead

Post by Tothead »

Kristopher wrote:Am I correct in understanding that the DS-88 has no step sequencer?
there is an 8 pad sequencer, thats what the new DS is all about :)
Michael Anders

Post by Michael Anders »

The sequencer in the Juno-DS is a realtime sequencer, not a step sequencer.
I use a Novation Circuit as a partner to my Juno-DS. The Circuit has 2 Stepsequencers with 8 bars and 1 Drumsequencer with 8 bars.
sunjar

Post by sunjar »

o carl wrote:is there in future update possible, to use external usb-memory. To expand pattern lenght. Would be great to have more than 8 measure. than one track in the pattern sequencer can be useful as a real time recorder with hundreds of measure
Yes, the 8 measure is very limited for use, I am also very hope the Roland can provide some upgrade that can expand pattern length.
sunjar

Post by sunjar »

Michael Anders wrote:The sequencer in the Juno-DS is a realtime sequencer, not a step sequencer.
I use a Novation Circuit as a partner to my Juno-DS. The Circuit has 2 Stepsequencers with 8 bars and 1 Drumsequencer with 8 bars.
Could you tell me what what difference of realtime sequencer against step sequencer? Thanks.
gris

Post by gris »

Tothead

Post by Tothead »

sunjar wrote:
Could you tell me what what difference of realtime sequencer against step sequencer? Thanks.
Step sequencer - you enter notes step by step, the sequencer is "paused" and records every note or blank you select, when you press it.

Realtime sequencer - it runs constantly and loops (on 2,4,8,16,32,64 step etc.) while you just add notes on the go to it. There are 8 sequences which all share the same length, which can be played at once. Check this video I made recently to give a clear overview on basic Juno DS sequencer functions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fLVtbwmfyI