Aux on MX-1

Forum for Aira
xiotex

Aux on MX-1

Post by xiotex »

I think I may be mis-understanding the Aux send and return on the MX-1...

My initial understanding was that we could put external effects on the send-return and then dial in just how much of the channel we want to send to Aux. So, if you faded out a channel completely via the faders it would stop sending to aux regardless to the amount set with the select and aux setting. However what I'm hearing is that if I have a channel set to send 100 to aux and I fade it out using the faders it still plays through the aux channel - is this the way it's meant to be? I would have thought that the aux send per channel was a scale of the fader amount?
Boston Green

Re: Aux on MX-1

Post by Boston Green »

Go to settings (power on whilst holding down gain) and make sure pad 2 is lit
sbontrager

Post by sbontrager »

Yes, the send level is pre-fader. This means the fader has no effect on the send level.
You can adjust it. Select the channel(s). Hit the send button on the left side, turn the knob to adjust to taste.
Inkog

Post by Inkog »

Boston Green is correct, you can set the send to be post-fader via settings. It is pre-fader by default.
xiotex

Post by xiotex »

That was it - thank you Boston Green!
Boston Green

Post by Boston Green »

no probs, glad to have helped
jjhcw

Post by jjhcw »

Wow... Hold Gain and turn on power, then make sure Number is 2 Lit press start /stop and that solves the problem!! Thank You. I just bought the new TC Electronics M100 effects for the Aux and could not figure it out. Thank you again:)