Send Audio to Sccoper from MX-1 via USB

Forum for Aira
Ypsi Kid

Send Audio to Sccoper from MX-1 via USB

Post by Ypsi Kid »

Hi all,

just wondering how I would go about *sending* audio to an Aira Scooper from a DAW using the MX-1 (Sccoper is plugged into the Aira USB port on the MX-1)?

I can get audio to come from the Scooper, but when I try and send audio to channels 11-12, they only play out that channel and are not fed into Scooper. I've tried both External mode and mixer mode I believe. I have 2 Aira efx and would really like to be able to send audio to these efx via the MX-1 USB channels. Hoping someone can help as I can't find any info on this (maybe my google skills suck?!).

Thanks!

Ypsi Kid
sbontrager

Re: Send Audio to Sccoper from MX-1 via USB

Post by sbontrager »

I've not been able to do this, and am deeply disappointed that it doesn't work. What I was told by Roland support is to use the AUX send (with RCA to 1/8th" plugs) to send the audio TO the Scooper, the return it over the USB. It works, but isn't pretty or the one-cable solution it was sold to be.

I hope I'm wrong and someone else figured out a way to do it. My "this is not what it said in the marketing lit." fell on deaf ears.
Ypsi Kid

Re: Send Audio to Sccoper from MX-1 via USB

Post by Ypsi Kid »

Thanks for the response, appreciate it and can sympathize with your position as I was under the impression that you could also send audio to the Aira effects line (Demora, Scooper, etc). Kind of defeats the purpose of a mixer if you can't do this and also speaks to really misleading marketing.

I've got a couple of other messages out on boards, if I hear anything different, I will update this thread.

Brutal.

Ypsi Kid
Detroit Underground
Soundcloud