Future expansions for the TR-8

Forum for Aira
Bodde

Future expansions for the TR-8

Post by Bodde »

Is there any speculation about possible new expansions for the TR-8?
Will there be coming new ones? Or will there be no more expansions for the future?
Was hoping that Roland would be coming with something new now since there is much competition coming from the Arturia Drumbrute.

Also curious about your wishes for expansions.

Here are my two wishes:
1) sounds from the Roland CR-78
2) totally new sounds not based on any classic device. Maybe some modern ambient/industrial dance sounds.
Bodde

Re: Future expansions for the TR-8

Post by Bodde »

No interest in expansions? Seems like there is very little traffic here on this forum?
SynthGraphics

Post by SynthGraphics »

Bodde wrote:Is there any speculation about possible new expansions for the TR-8?
Will there be coming new ones? Or will there be no more expansions for the future?
Was hoping that Roland would be coming with something new now since there is much competition coming from the Arturia Drumbrute.

Also curious about your wishes for expansions.

Here are my two wishes:
1) sounds from the Roland CR-78
2) totally new sounds not based on any classic device. Maybe some modern ambient/industrial dance sounds.
CR-78 and CR-8000! Yes, please! Soooo many classics done on these machines, and include all the preset patterns :)
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Hmmmm, I always felt a bit gut punched by just 3 toms and no ride bell cymbal. I mean cumon electronic music, time to add that cymbal hit into your sound palette! :D

For me the best feature would be to be able to assign instruments from one instrument to another, so you could have 2 snares, or 5 toms - assigning the sounds to something crummy like the hand clap! :P A few more sounds would be funky too (I don't mind what machines they try and replicate), but I too would like to hear something new - was disappointing that Roland made a whole new device but didn't create anything new - what will Roland do in 30 years? Make retro-retro synths? They need to keep evolving - the music industry becomes stale otherwise!
Happy

Post by Happy »

In 30 years, Roland will have produce several products that almost can reproduce ACB sounds accurately, like ACB did for 30years old analog, It will be called Virtual ACB and Roland will be at the verge of releasing a new technology to reproduce ACB by analyzing ACB circuits, since Virtual ACB became out of fashion. (sorry, could not help) :-)
Tothead

Post by Tothead »

The only expanison I dream about is adding your own samples. Thats all.
BMMP

Post by BMMP »

Tothead wrote:The only expanison I dream about is adding your own samples. Thats all.
yes totaly agree :) , ore an aplication / little program that lets you build / create your one expension sample pack (PRM KIT) and then loud it in your Roland TR-8 .. for sure there is some one able to create that :)
Bodde

Post by Bodde »

BMMP wrote:
Tothead wrote:The only expanison I dream about is adding your own samples. Thats all.
yes totaly agree :) , ore an aplication / little program that lets you build / create your one expension sample pack (PRM KIT) and then loud it in your Roland TR-8 .. for sure there is some one able to create that :)
I guess that is never going to happen because it would mean a total redesign of the TR-8 (including hardware changes).

I really wonder if there will ever going to be any new updates or expansions for the TR-8. It is very quiet on the front. To me it seems like Roland have abandoned the TR-8. But I hope I am wrong. What do you think?
BMMP

Post by BMMP »

Bodde wrote:
BMMP wrote:
I guess that is never going to happen because it would mean a total redesign of the TR-8 (including hardware changes).

I really wonder if there will ever going to be any new updates or expansions for the TR-8. It is very quiet on the front. To me it seems like Roland have abandoned the TR-8. But I hope I am wrong. What do you think?
not bay somone from Roland now, maby some other tec person ;) ive sean lot of other editors for the tr-8 created by other people .. il put links here under.. but if these people can build create editors for atomation and a stuff then for sure someone will fugur out how to build o program these files PRM .. i hope :) . sofar im love and hate the machine hahah to many things not added to it that now a days they shud have lak on things.. like save modes backup your work .. end spend 500 euro for not compleet wel ok upgrade sound ok pay ok but fiue sounds for that amound of money so total wil com on maby 1000 euro of cost of your roland tr8 and not being able to save mode stor your work properly and so on and on.. ive seen arturia drumbrute that realy much better hase al the sound can build your hole track wel chek it ou way better i feel robed and service is shit and disapointed totaly ive lost to meny work on this machine its like a kids tou no pro.. its fun to play with yes thats it.. so they have to com with som good upgrade and firmawere .. but thinking of selling mine and the thing is to the prise and what you paid for is only dropping so expensions on it, the prise you will never get it back. they sell it with expensions for 350 euro or even les.. and you want more sounds on it pay another 75 or 95 or 100 for your little fiuew extra sounds per upgrade hmmm nope.. and you wane sel it people not gone pay for that 800 euro so you lose so damn much damn not cool atoll. makes me think the times with the game boy haha ok nothing to do with the instrument but you fockup you lose al restart al from zero .. no save mode no nothing hahah wtf...
sorry for my bad inglish

TR-8 editors links
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/ ... c-windows/
http://cdm.link/2014/04/aira-secrets-ge ... l-patches/
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... and-remote

Arturia DrumBrute - Analog machine
https://www.arturia.com/drumbrute/overview
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Korg Electribe 2 Sampler. Buy that and thank me later ;P
Andrie

Post by Andrie »

novation circuit !!!!
funktree

Post by funktree »

Bodde wrote:No interest in expansions? Seems like there is very little traffic here on this forum?
this should make you happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XbCK4qLpfo

TR-8 is on my shopping list... if tr-8 came with battery and half of the size... I'd get it in a heartbeat.
...Don’t ask me to get one of the boutiques drum machine that is far behind what tr-8 can do.
Tothead

Post by Tothead »

I bumped recently to someone explaining how the tr-8 expansions work (sorry, got no link, so lets call it an assumption). All the sounds are already THERE. From 606 to 909. When you purchase the "expansion" on Roland website, you get a key, which unlocks certain features. I am afraid that the free 606 and paid 7x7 expansions are the last thing we are going to get with that drum performer.
Bodde

Post by Bodde »

Not sure what you are getting at. This topic is not about free expansions. it's about future (paid) expansions or software updates. Right it seems as if Roland has abandoned the TR-8 since it has been a long time since there were any updates or news from Roland on the TR-8. But I hope I am not correct and we will see some updates/expansions in the future.
mrdorianjames

Post by mrdorianjames »

Hi i'm new to the forums but this is my wishlist. I'm sure some of this may not be possible with the hardware.
  • Instruments/sounds:
    • CR-78/CR-7000
    • R5/R8
    • Some of the fun cliche sounds from the MC grooveboxes
    • Basic waveforms(Sine,Saw,Square,) with pitch start and pitch decay time. this would be cool because you can add sub bass, simple zap and disco toms. I think these would be nice in the TOMS section
    • DC trig source(rimshot sometimes doesn't always do a good job)
  • ACB effects:
    I think some added ACB effects modeled on some of their other product lines. They could be more simplified with less controls
    • Space echo emulation
    • DS-1 Distortion pedal
    • MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
    • BF-3 Flanger pedal
    • CH-1 Super Chorus pedal
    • SYB-5 bass synth pedal
  • Features to add:
    • option to send external audio through reverb and delay
    • more levels of LED dimming(it's still too damn bright
    • record knob movements into pattern
    • make class compliant USB