MX-1: Audio & MIDI recording

Forum for Aira
AlienableTone

MX-1: Audio & MIDI recording

Post by AlienableTone »

Apologies in advance for the noob question...

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but wanted to double check - I know we can send audio from MX-1's individual channels to Ableton, but can we also capture the individual channels' midi as well? We can, right? I know I'll have to set all my channels correctly, etc... BUT, it should be possible?

Ideally I'd like to be able to record my live performances into Ableton, both audio and midi for each channel - to then be able to do a few edits if needed before sending back the audio to the MX-1 and finally record a project with the MX-1's effects via the master out.

Anyone doing something similar?
projektil

Re: MX-1: Audio & MIDI recording

Post by projektil »

I have a system-1 connected via USB to an MX-1 which is then connected to the PC.

Setting the system-1 to Local Off, then playing VST instruments on the host in Ableton works quite well. But I haven´t recorded anything yet, as I´m still setting up the things I bought last week. As the MIDI data flows from System-1 hardware thru MX-1 to the host (and even back to the System-1 if you choose so), I don´t see a reason why this can´t be recorded. Will test in the next days.
Novaliz

Post by Novaliz »

When using the MX-1 do I need an another audiointerface too? If not is its audiointerface comparable with a Focusrite in terms of latency?
Goon

Post by Goon »

The MX-1 is also an interface too, in my own experience, better than my old Scarlette 2i2.