Anthology 1985

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
cello

Re: Anthology 1985

Post by cello »

Good idea about a forum for the Roland Cloud - now created!
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

Roland Jx synth
MacTyros

Post by MacTyros »

Why the names in years and not naming the synths by name for what they are...

I think the synth in 1985 where the alpha Juno 1 and the alpha Juno 2
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

They're saving the names for the virtual recreation of those instruments, i.e. the anthology collection will be sampled recreations which are limited (being sample based), whereas the legendary collections are true simulations where you can affect/sculpt sounds as per the original hardware.

Eventually a D-50 will be in the Legendary section.
Manic

Post by Manic »

Skijumptoes wrote:They're saving the names for the virtual recreation of those instruments, i.e. the anthology collection will be sampled recreations which are limited (being sample based), whereas the legendary collections are true simulations where you can affect/sculpt sounds as per the original hardware.

Eventually a D-50 will be in the Legendary section.
I hope youre right! Im definitely waiting for an alpha juno plugout for in my system-8!
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Jeremy Soule (The spearhead behind this i gather?) has pretty much said so via youtube comments, i.e.:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GaIkS9EOE8&t=0s

I was really hyped for the legendary plugins they've put up, but i don't know if i'll subscribe yet - found them generally quite buggy and cpu intensive, as well as automation issues (Can't even automate cutoff in the grit plugin for example).

I'm running MacOS and some of the plugins were making glitch-like noises too, which is quite unusual.

However, they're much closer to hitting the bullseye than i originally gave them credit for - i'd love to see this work, and thus the more subscribers the more value for money they can bring in.