Reset all controllers

Forum for Integra 7
ken6370

Reset all controllers

Post by ken6370 »

I purchased the Integra 7. I am getting it ready to use live. I have 10 Studio Sets programmed. I have one issue. I have two separate controllers assigned for volume 7 or expression 11. I control bass and treble separately with these controllers. When I switch between studio sets is there a way to keep the volume or expression constant for those 2 controllers. "RESET ALL CONTROLLERS" This is listed as an "aux message" in the midi implementation chart. I remember being able to turn it on and off in the fantomxr.
I guess I am asking is there a way to turn OFF "reset all controllers" in the Integra 7 when switching between studio sets. It's annoying when you switch studio sets, hit a note, and tear people's ears off when the level jumps to 100 or more because the controllers reset.
bluesplayer

Re: Reset all controllers

Post by bluesplayer »

I don't use my I7 live (I don't gig anymore) I only use it in studio so have not dug under hood for this CC conundrum.

But first a question: are you in the middle of a SONG when you switch Studio Sets? Maybe because your song required more than 16 parts and goal is to use (stitch together) two Studio Sets to overcome the 16 part "limit?"

If yes then I cannot have nothing that will help

IF no, this still won't "help" much, but then one thing comes to mind but I know you won’t like it:

As soon as you switch Studio Sets, and before you start next song simply rock each controller the ones you assigned to CC7 and CC11 back to min - then move to approximate location you think the first note needs to be at (e.g. ~ 25%, or 33% 75%) - not perfect but…
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

Thank You for your response. I actually purchased a high end Volume pedal and a midi controller to change the studio sets at a cost of 339.00 to make this work. I am very disappointed in the fact that Roland themselves could not help with this. Maybe, it can not be helped. I did not want to change my whole setup just to be able to take the I7 on gigs but I have so much money into it already, I had to do this. I tested my other two units, Roland FANTOM XR and Yamaha MOTIF XS, they work flawlessly with my equipment. I was told because of the ability to turn on and off "reset all controllers" is why those units work. Roland says it would be a simple update to the OS of the I7 to add this feature. Well do it then. I am frustrated with Roland. I have used all their stuff over the years and this "little" update to the OS is important to me but they could care less.
bluesplayer

Post by bluesplayer »

I feel your pain. I have similar issue but in reverse with my Montage 7, long story but if you do mainly live performance you'll love the Montage, if you do NOT use it live, and only use it like other studio synths, it can be a major PITA, but back to this:

The cold hard facts, at this point in time with respect to the "Reset Controllers" issue is, it will not be "fixed."

The I7 is now four (4)+ years old and our local sun will go nova before Roland issues anymore firmware updates to the I7 at this late date (I could be wrong but the Earth may also be flat)

Given Roland product history (And I've been a Roland synth owner/user since GR-50 in '89) - OS support is not long, Examples:

XV-5080 released 2000 (month unk) last update 1.03 4/16/2003 (maximum three years of OS support from - first units to last OS)

Fantom XR released 2004 (month unk) OS 2.02 10/31/2005 (not even 2 years from first units to last OS )

Yamaha is not much better, I doubt I'll see any further Firmware updates on my, less than a year old Monatge7 (actually had one of the first units in the U.S. - early May '16), after mid-to-late next calendar year! History with Yama's are:

Yamaha Motif ES released 2003 (Summer NAMM 2003) last update 1.08 1/17/2006 - not even 3 years

Yamaha Motix XS released 2007 (NAMM 2007) last update 1.60 12/9/2010 (a little over 3 years)
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

Thank You for the update.

It's really sad that we use all the gear that is released from certain companies but when you need something , good luck.

I will be so careful in the near future as to not just buy something because you have that itch for something new or maybe something better. Things are not better. They take things out of units that we take for granted. Shame on me. Some people are anticipating the Integra 8. I HOPE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN. I am looking for alternatives.
ken6370

Post by ken6370 »

We had another response here and I was hurrying home to respond to it. It's gone but I remember most of the text.
1. Please repost your comment.
2. You did not know the circumstances of the issues with volume.
3. Roland said it was an issue with volume and expression.
4. treble and bass parts not eq. We need to comprehend what we read.
5. Just by reading your response, it was easy to tell that you are a beginner looking for an argument. This isn't the place for that.
6. Don't tell people to buy things.
7. As far as blaming the Integra, that would be foolish! I blame the people that removed a simple setting so people that purchased dollars worth of equipment now find it useless.
8. You may want to call Roland. What you stated in your post is absolutely incorrect. Once you back off the volume setting in editing of a patch in a studio set, that value will now be your MAX level Einstein. That is part of the issue.
9. You mentioned you can purchase I7's on a 2 to 1 ratio. Buy as money as your bank account supports.
10. In closing, Have a nice day, God Bless!
lol

Post by lol »

lol