MV Killer (sorry)

Forum for MV-8000/8800
Know1

MV Killer (sorry)

Post by Know1 »

I was one of the first people to own an 8800. I still use it, it's rock solid. As much as we've hoped for a new version from Roland that's not going to happen. Never the less we've all made our wish list about what we'd like to see in a new version.

That list starts something like. A stand alone, no computer needed, power house. That also has complete software integration. Etc.

Well it seems we finally have what we've been asking for. It just wasn't Roland who did it. Got to give props to Akai for this one. I had to share with you guys.

http://www.akaipro.com/product/mpc-x
Soul One

Re: MV Killer (sorry)

Post by Soul One »

Are you fvcking kidding us?

Nukai is a joke and so is the "MPC" X...

Do your research and you´ll find out why you shouldn´t be dealing with scum companies like Nukai!
Know1

Post by Know1 »

Yeah I'm dead serious. If it had a Roland name on it and said MV 9000 or something of that nature, all the fan boys would be tinkling in their panties. But that will never happen because Roland stopped supporting the MV within months of releasing the 8800.

Your only argument against the X is that is says Akai on it. You can't knock it for what it is. This is everything people expected Roland to do with the MV. This is an actual modern sampler which also fully integrates with software. First impression is it's awesome. I didn't think it was real. I guess we'll see if it makes it though the ringer. If it turns out to be a POS you can say you were right but why don't we hold off on the hate for the ONLY company giving us a real, modern, stand alone sampler. This is after all what we would expect, is it not?
Know1

Post by Know1 »

What is it that you would add to it or take away from it? I'm asking because if you see something wrong other than the hate for a brand I would love to hear it. To me it looks like a power house.
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

A hardware sampler that is build by a greedy company that uses crappy components and shits on their users has no value for me. That´s why I stick with my MVs! I don´t need a new & shiny toy...

YMMV

EDIT: And if that new "MPC" still has no sophisticated swing functions like the MV does for instance, it is sure as hell no MV killer. The opposite is the case!
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

The MPC X is nice but give it a year or 2 and Nukai will drop support for it.
I'll stick with my trusty MV-8800, ASR-10, MPC2000XL and MPC3000LE.
Vondragonnoggin

Post by Vondragonnoggin »

I definitely wouldn't call it the only company giving us a modern standalone sampler. Maybe multisampler

Modern standalone samplers with features even the X or Live doesn't have, but also missing some stuff the Live or X has:

Octatrack

Digitakt

Gotharman Little DeFormer (coming soon for AnaMonoX will be a firmware flip to DeFormer X ability so you'll getup to two add on real analog filters also - these are grain samplers with pretty crazy mangling fx built in and sequencing) - these do keyboard range grain sampling also.

Probably more because I haven't gone into the multisampling/sequencing abilities of workstations like the Kronos which are also standalone and come with synth engines that blow the new Akai stuff away.

Feature for feature the mv's are close to the new Akai's already. Just not as many i/o options and lack the speed of new bus speeds, RAM, chipsets, etc.

You want to use your mv features still and have a very small footprint in a device running a full DAW that has the abilities of MPC and Ableton combined, wait for Intua's Beatmaker 3 running on a new ipad Air 2 or Pro and control it with your MV. They will midi sync, combine control, give all touchscreen multisampling, elastique stretching engine, clips, chop shop etc, plus a lot more and you don't have to dump the MV or wait forever for Akai to get things right. Also a new iPad Air 2 128gb plus BM3 will only set you back about $500

I gave up on the idea of the new MPC's. I had to look at it realistically. That long track record of never fixing things completely and leaving customers with unfinished products makes me think "why is this time any different?"

It reminds me of those testimonies of battered wives that say "this time for sure my husband will stop getting drunk and beating me. He promised!"
conecthink

Post by conecthink »

Im not an audio head like you guys...im just here for your resources :-) I did some research before buying my MV and bought it for 400 euros including shipping. still a better price than a new limited plastic akai 500. on shipping the plastic side panels got cracked. not even that badly..just on the ends and I played it up and took some close ups and said the cdrom was fucked too(its kinda unsteady but I have plenty spares laying around)... the shipping was insured and I got it for free. real talk... everything was refunded. 400eu back in my pocket.

its the best thing in my life that I have bought(got for free) im not really continuous on it. but its a very natural machine for me. I dont get that people had problems on it doing simple things. it does those things easy. for me its a life time of learning probably....im not going to the bottom of the pit in a rush

bottomline I dont think you can kill a piece of kit like this....its like kiling a piano with a keyboard
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

conecthink wrote:I dont think you can kill a piece of kit like this....its like kiling a piano with a keyboard
THIS!
DJFLEX-mk2

MV Killer - ??AKIA MPC X??

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

NOT!

**REMINDER**
"The Roland MV-8800 had Audio Tracks, a Color Screen/VGA Output Color, Input Mouse Control, Digital input/Output and Time Stretching 10 years ago" !!!

~ It's not even close to MV KILLER, The NUKIA MPC X seem to be missing stuff in the back? I don't see even a HDMI Output or VGA OUT? - **How about HDMI Touch Screen Output Control** ~ **SO MUCH FOR Modern MPC in 2017**, Don't even see a Digital Input/Output? Yeah the Touch Screen Cool, but then again there's Touch Screen Tablets and Touch Screen Laptop's now. SO what did NUKIA make so New??? Okay I give them credit to ReBoot the sorta ??? The Hardware Sampler Drum Machine Market ?????? LOL **Yeah Right**! --> MPC = (Music Production Console) / MPS = (Music Production Sampler) :/

Hint Hint to ROLAND if your listening!!!

Roland MV-9000 [AIRA]
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=51152
Attachments
Roland MV-9000 - FAKE CUSTOM (NOV 25, 2015) copy.jpg
Roland MV-9000 - FAKE CUSTOM (NOV 25, 2015) copy.jpg (439.19 KiB) Viewed 9926 times
Vondragonnoggin

MPC Live released missing features. Has a wealth of bugs. Gonna take going through some growing pains to get it right.

That is to be expected. The part that should be noted is how long Akai takes to get it right or if they actually keep working on it long enough to get it right.

Given their track record since becoming NuKai, they appear to drop the ball on actually completing anything.

Makes me really happy I have an older machine like the mv8800 that actually was completed. I didn't have to experience any of the same growing pains the MV's had before final versions.
Soul One

Post by Soul One »

Word!
DJFLEX-mk2

Post by DJFLEX-mk2 »

LOL!

Yep Yep.... "" WORD "" ! :D
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

Still rocking the MV 8000 with no complaints. Akai have dropped the ball with sampling especially with the software. I don't argue about gear, what's the point. Use what you use and be humble.
Vondragonnoggin

Holy crap, reading all the issues with the new MPC, it can actually be called an "MPC Killer" - it's like an Ouroboros eating itself.

Meanwhile back in Roland land.....

"Hmm hmm doo to-dooo...Just gonna turn on my mv again and...damnit! It is working flawlessly yet again! Why oh why won't this glitch out and crash like the iconic new MPC's!??"

"Those mpc's have that swing (and a missss) that can't be duplicated!"