Triplet arp?

Forum for the JD-XA.
Myrk-

Triplet arp?

Post by Myrk- »

Hey guys, I feel almost stupid asking this question as I mess with arpeggiators all the time... but whats the simple way to get a 3 octave triplet arp going? I want like a C2, C3, C4 repeat tone. What I found was that in all arp modes putting 3 octave on 1 note makes it do a C2, C3, C4, C3 repeat, rather than the 3 note rep I'm after. The only way I know of is to code a custom pattern arp of 3 notes, but that seems long winded for such a normal pattern.

I'm sure there's some simple setting here I've missed out right?
cello

Re: Triplet arp?

Post by cello »

Select 1/12 (3) in the GRID section of the Arp on-screen functions. Make sure the Motif is set to UP. I think that should give you what you're looking for :)
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Nope. It still does c2, c3, c4, c3, rather than a 3 note sequence. It just times it to triplet timing, but it's still playing a 4 note pattern. I tried pressing the scale button too in hope that some random feature would unlock itself... (much like when I held down shift one time and bumped my modulation wheel by accident to find that's where the option for wheel LFO mod is).

This seems really strange to me... I may just have to make a load of way more useful arp patterns - strange how the arp is so timid on the JD-XA compared with the FA's arp and all thos crazy features.
sbardy

Post by sbardy »

It's a bug , Roland jd xi is affected too viewtopic.php?f=58&t=53524 I hope Roland can fix it asap
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Arg ffs... Roland! WHO TESTS THIS STUFF!? lol

I'll just have to code a triplet arp every time I need it... Can I program a custom arp template?