Rush Subdivision Analog Synth Sound on Integra

Forum for Integra 7
rkaczano2017

Rush Subdivision Analog Synth Sound on Integra

Post by rkaczano2017 »

Looking for some god patches for Moog and Oberheim on the Integra-7. More specifically analog synth patches for the Rush song like Sub divisions.

Any ideas?

Thanks
psionic311

Re: Rush Subdivision Analog Synth Sound on Integra

Post by psionic311 »

Got a Subdivisions Studio Set already programmed for ya...

I have a Korg Kronos as my main board, and use the Integra as a portable, redundant backup to thicken up Combi's (aka Studio Sets) on my Kronos + MIDI keyboard controller + MIDI foot pedals (think augmented Taurus pedals with custom bass notes or chords programmed per song -- Jump, Subdivisions, Separate Ways, No More Tears, Billy Idol, etc).

I'm pretty busy this week, but give me some time and I'll share my Subdivisions settings with you.
psionic311

Re: Rush Subdivision Analog Synth Sound on Integra

Post by psionic311 »

Ha, it's been 5 months already since I promised to share my Subdivisions studio set. Better late than never.

I've broken down the song into 4 sounds, each with its own zone: the main part, the low octave part, the main lead sound, and the "icing" part that you barely hear in the intro (0:26 to 0:43), the last verse (3:11 to 3:21), and the outro (4:51 to 5:26), which is optional if you're not using foot pedals to simulate having 3 hands like Geddy ;)

Main part:
Spread across the whole keyboard, so it's doubling the low octave part.
PolyKey 0361: Poly Syn 7 (octave -1)
Offsets: +15 cutoff, -29 decay, -10 release

Low part, 3 layers:
1) layered with the main part above.
2) Syn Brass 0295: Syn Brs 1 (octave -1) (high key range of B3)
3) Syn Bass 0785: Monster Bs 5 (octave 0) (high key range of B3)
Various offsets, set to taste.

Lead part:
I put this on my 2nd 61 key controller on MIDI channel 3. You may need to adapt according to your rig.
Syn Lead 0814: Syn Lead 3 (octave -1)

Optional "icing" part:
Strings 0203: String Sect 1

Hope that helps. Keep in mind that the Integra is backing up my Kronos, which is carrying the bulk of the sounds, so while these sounds will stand alone, they aren't exactly similar to the recording, but they do sound pretty good layered with the Korg's sounds.