Roland FA 06

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
LG DADDIO

Roland FA 06

Post by LG DADDIO »

Hello Thrill seekers,
I've just bought an FA 06 and want to use it live ASAP. I was previously using a Korg Karma and replaced it with this Roland. My problem is I run a Vocal harmonizer which I use a midi merge box connected to the midi outs of both my Karma & FA06 then the midi lead out of midi merg to midi in of Harmonizer. The Korg still tracks perfectly however I can't get the Roland to change the harmonies, no matter what I do. Can somebody help me please?
LG DADDIO
bennyseven

Re: Roland FA 06

Post by bennyseven »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
We can't help unless you explain more in detail what are you doing.
How is your setup. Did you check to set the midi channel of the part you are playing on the FA according to the expected midi channel of the vocal harmonizer?
I think it is midi channel problem.
Skijumptoes

Re: Roland FA 06

Post by Skijumptoes »

As benny says, is the Roland transmitting on the correct midi channel*? and do you have connections correct from the FA?

*If you hold the shift button down on the FA, you can go into 'Part View' using the number 4 hot key under the screen.

The last column in part view (Ch) is the midi channel you are transmitting on for the part in use, so play a few notes and go through the channels (1-16) to see if any make the harmoniser respond - it could that Karma is set to Omni (All) channel mode so is working.

If you get a response, then great, you just need to set the part to that channel on the FA.