JD-XI Delay Effect DelayTime note symbols meaning?

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
baz55

JD-XI Delay Effect DelayTime note symbols meaning?

Post by baz55 »

I'm struggling to recognize all note symbols used by Roland when editing the DelayTime parameter in the Effects menu.

Many of the note symbols have an inverted 'E' next to them, what does that mean?

Also the first two notes after '2600ms' look like a sixteenth note but the middle flag is drawn through, so I don't think it's a sixteenth note, but what is it?
StaccatoHeavenSC

Re: JD-XI Delay Effect DelayTime note symbols meaning?

Post by StaccatoHeavenSC »

The inverted E is a 3, indicating triplet.

The first 2 notes after 2600ms appear to be a 64th note triplet and 64th note, respectively. They couldn't fit 4 flags on the LCD. I figured this out by comparing the delay time between that and the 32nd note.
baz55

Post by baz55 »

Thanks, that makes sense. Notation is not one of my strengths.
Do I understand triplets correctly that a 64th note triplet is effectively a 96th note?
And a double note triplet ( |O|3 ) is a whole and a third note?
StaccatoHeavenSC

Post by StaccatoHeavenSC »

I'm not stellar with notation and triplets either. But an 8th note triplet is 3 notes in the space of a quarter note, so essentially a 1/12 note. Based on that, do the math: 64/8*12=96 so yes a 64th note triplet would effectively be 1/96th notes from a timing perspective.

For the longer notes, the same math applies: if 8th note triplets are 1/12 notes, quarter note triplets would be 1/6, half triplets 1/3, whole note triplets 2/3, double whole triplets 4/3 (so, a whole plus a third so you were right there too, I think).
baz55

Post by baz55 »

Ok thanks. I will use fractions in the delay effect editor (1/96, 1/4, 1/2), that should be easier for everybody to understand and it's consistent with the 'sync note' parameters in the part editors.