Fa06 with Fl studio

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
TragicBeatzs

Fa06 with Fl studio

Post by TragicBeatzs »

I was wondering if anyone knew how to set up the fa with Fl studio? As far as when I turn my tempo knob, the tempo in FL changes along with the knob and things of that nature. Whenever I play the sounds on my keyboard its as if I hear double because I'm hearing it from the FA and the studio instead of just one. Which im sure theres a way to change that but I just dont know how. Help a brotha out lol
Attachments
When I dont got any help im like
When I dont got any help im like
12822168_1053824088008753_1535811595_n.jpg (11 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
Skijumptoes

Re: Fa06 with Fl studio

Post by Skijumptoes »

The double sound is because you need to turn local to off, So you understand, when using midi the notes you press go to the sequencer (FL), and that returns the notes to the device (FA) you have selected for the track. By turning local to OFF it stops the notes playing directly on the FA, and then you will hear the notes returning form FL itself.

It's in the main settings of the FA, under the midi tab.

You can also go into DAW Control mode and it has the midi local off switch in there also.

Tempo knob, you need to check that your FA is transmitting that data in the midi tab referred to above, and within FL you need to set that to be a sync slave for external devices - don't use FL so can't tell you how to do that, but it will be in the options somewhere if it's supported - not all audio software supports being a tempo slave though, they like to be the master.