Keyboard velocity per tone?

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
endust

Keyboard velocity per tone?

Post by endust »

Is there a way to disable velocity sensitivity per tone or studio set rather than globally through system menu? I see there's a way to do it for arpeggiator but can't seem to find it in tone or studio set settings. Reason being is some vintage tones don't sound full enough with velocity sensitivity unless you slam the key. I can only imagine this is because many of those machines back then didn't have velocity sensitivity.
Skijumptoes

Re: Keyboard velocity per tone?

Post by Skijumptoes »

Could you not lower the volume on other tones and just use the volume mixer? You've always got compression if you want to raise the overall perceived volume.

I think there is a velocity for each part hidden in part view somewhere, i remember seeing a 'VC' column, maybe in the Midi RX tab on part view? Not used it though, so it may be something different than what you're hoping for.
Candy

Post by Candy »

Go to PART VIEW and switch to the "Keyboard Tab". There you have a great range of variations for each Part (Track) with the velocity!

Candy
endust

Post by endust »

Thanks folks. Unfortunately none of the velocity options in part view allow me to turn off velocity sensitivity per tone nor do they allow me to do anything that resembles turning off velocity sensitivity per tone. Unless I'm missing something?
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

Studio Set // Part view // keyboard tab // velocity sens offset = -63
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

As benny above, check the bottom of the screen for a description of the control you have highlighted, and you will find it. Obviously raise to + values to increase the velocity per tone.
Candy

Post by Candy »

Velocity.jpg
Velocity.jpg (250.3 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
bennyseven

Post by bennyseven »

To get a full picture of the velocity settings in the FA you have to consider the different velocity adjustments in the WAVE (parial) tab, the TONE common tab and finally the STUDIO SET part tab.
They all play together.
So, if your result is not what you expect to hear allways look minimum in the tone common and/or partial setup.
It is important to know, that all OFFSET values (from TONE common offset and STUDIO SET part offset) are dependent. If the core WAVE velocity already has a +63 value, remember that all other offsets will not have any effect, because 63 is the max value.
wakerickman

Post by wakerickman »

hi, i also had the same problem not being able to get rid of velocity per tone in a studeo set and also by trial and error found the same "solution" by setting the velocity offset to -63 but only problem here is that it only affects the volume [ amplifier ] and not the tone [ filter ] which for me is a big oversight , its simply not possable as far as i can see to remove the velocity from both the amplifier and filter together. so the only way round this problem is to copy the tone to a user location and set all the amp/filter velocity curve's to "fixed" on every single partial/oscerlater, though you may have to edit the filter cutoff frequency to get the static fixed tone level that you require. ok hope that helps some one and clears up this point. roland should have had more desighn forsight on this matter.