Need better organ for RD-2000... Please

Stage Pianos
ElevenPhingahz

Need better organ for RD-2000... Please

Post by ElevenPhingahz »

I'm loving the RD-2000, the V-Piano alone is worth the price tag. Just got it for our church & housing it in a Grand Piano shell, looks & sounds amazing... that being said is it possible for better organ? I can tweak & layer to get some pretty nice sounds for worship but it seems for being the flagship from Roland the top meat & potato sounds should include the organ in the group. I'm a die hard Roland fan & swear by the RD series of boards but it seems the organ on these hasn't really caught up with it's sonic siblings.
DaveHorne

Re: Need better organ for RD-2000... Please

Post by DaveHorne »

For church use do you want a better Hammond sound or more pipe organ sounds?
ElevenPhingahz

Post by ElevenPhingahz »

It seems that the Korg Kronos & Kurzweil lineage incorporate their virtual tone wheels respectively with the CX3& KB3 with great success and I don't get why Roland can't do the same by adding the VK-8M or VR-09 engine. I truly feel it would propel the RD-2000 forward by miles. I'm sure there's probably a good reason but I don't get it...
I stand by the Roland RD series as a faithful user & buyer, just have never been satisfied with the organ.
ElevenPhingahz

Post by ElevenPhingahz »

But to answer your question Dave yes more pipe organ selections would benefit my specific needs.
DaveHorne

Post by DaveHorne »

I couldn't imagine that the Hammond organ sounds in the RD 2000 were unacceptable.

I owned a B3 growing up (a very long time ago) and the drawbar sounds are really just sine waves, very easy to recreate. I thought Roland did an acceptable job recreating the harmonic percussion tabs of a real B3.

When I get my RD 2000 back I'll take more time to look at the organ settings.
ElevenPhingahz

Post by ElevenPhingahz »

Hi Dave,
I'm not saying the organ tones are unacceptable, with some basic tweaking they will definitely get you through a cover band gig just fine & the pipe sounds are workable for worship so yes... they're acceptable.
I'm just curious why Roland couldn't have the VK-8M or VR-09 sound engine in the latest RD. The VK-8M clone wheel is still one of my favorites.
ElevenPhingahz

Post by ElevenPhingahz »

I've been working with the organ settings & getting decent results. Put together a "Phantom" style setting with pad & choir embracing the pipes... sweet. There are definitely a wide variety of possibilities.
umekolle2

Post by umekolle2 »

Hello!

I'm also hoping for some better Hammond sound to the RD-2000, I've tried combinate sound but there is no way of getting near the "Hammond" sound that I want!

If there are someone out there who has found a nice setting, please share :-)

/ Jan
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

Yes, in terms of organs, Roland workstations and stage pianos are way behind, with an absolutely horrible Leslie sim. They should imlement their organ clone models.
ElevenPhingahz

Post by ElevenPhingahz »

Yes! Yes!!
Roland is great sounding but bring the solid Roland clones into the RD-2000 (like Kurz & Korg successfully did with the KB3 / CB3) & it will rise above the others by major leaps & bounds.
paulmapp8306

Post by paulmapp8306 »

I like the organ tones on the expansion (EX06).

My problem - I have an FA07 as well. The organ tones are better on the RD - deeper/fuller, and you have the drawbars as well - but the FA has a LOT more editable functionality. I want the FA editable functions in the RD - as they both use the SN engine for organ tones it should be possible - and the RD being the top end "keys" board should have them really.
rd2000fan

Post by rd2000fan »

Well guys...

I will have to share a little secret with you guys. Hard to share, because it's a very powerful secret when it comes to organ sounds, but here we go.

When it comes to organ sounds unless I am using a real Hammond organ, the other alternative would be the one shown in this link below:

The B-5 Organ V2
https://www.acousticsamples.net/B5

It sounds very real, in fact, they often compare it with the real Hammond Organs and the Leslie rotary speakers, check out the comparison video.

You don't need to buy another keyboard to have the best organ sounds. Keep your RD 2000, plus get this VST in your DAW (shown above).

And the best of all, despite of how incredibly great this sounds, it's only $76 for this holiday season, after that, price will raise up 30%.

I particularly like this audio sample:
https://soundcloud.com/acousticsamples/ ... s/b5-organ

However, if you want to stick to the RD 2000 organ sounds, then check out these tips from Roland for the RD 2000 users:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-6cbic ... B&index=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3-geGd ... B&index=12

Hope you like the idea.
paulmapp8306

Post by paulmapp8306 »

Using a plugin isn't an option for me. As a live player, and a hardware only one at that.

Adding the vr730 sims to the rd, or fa would be great. I do like the vr730.

The alternative is a minivent, but it's not cheap and shouldn't be necessary with a toll tier board. I just might have to though.