New Roland Synthesizers to be announced June 20, 2017

Talk about anything here
Synthtron

New Roland Synthesizers to be announced June 20, 2017

Post by Synthtron »

New Roland Synthesizers to be announced June 20, 2017.
Two new synths?

A JD-XA follow-up?
A response to Deepmind 12?
More Boutique boxes?

I am curious as to what they will be.
Manic

Re: New Roland Synthesizers to be announced June 20, 2017

Post by Manic »

I think af least 1 of them will be a poly plugout synth for the System-8
desernauta

Post by desernauta »

... I hope new workstation
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

Hoefully not a JD XA follow up, I just bought one. ;)

I guess it will be something in the Boutiqe line and maybe a 6/8 voice analog from the XA analog section, as a DM12 answer.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Jupiter 80 SN Synth/Acoustic + an expanded System 8 sound engine in a compact 5 octave keyboard.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Whatever Roland debut there is not much hype about it other than the announcement date.
len73

Post by len73 »

A nice rebirth of the LA Synthesis...D-50 : Released in 1987 - rebirth in 2017 - nice timeframe...
Maybe as an ACB plug-out for system8 ?
Manic

Post by Manic »

The Aira fb page also hinted about this day, so there probably will be some aira stuf, software and/or hardware.
Happy

Post by Happy »

Perhaps something related to to recent request from Roland to Propellerhead.
I hope on a System-8 desktop/rack version but probably Roland will be more focussed on monetizing using software and the Roland cloud.

https://www.gearnews.com/roland-kill-of ... th-rb-338/
http://www.factmag.com/2017/06/13/prope ... ringement/
PugFace

Post by PugFace »

I am guessing one will be a boutique as these have sold well for them and its a popular format. Which leaves the old equipment as potentials.
TR808
SH101
Jupiter 4
D50

But I would like them to bring out a really good analog that's not pricey. Prefer a mono that's got good bass end. Priced to compete with the korg monologue. Hopefully retro looking to. The least likeable for me would be a TR808.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Whatever it is, there is sure going to be plenty of hand-wringing and disappointment on an epic scale along with the cries of "it doesn't meet my needs!" and "its too expensive!".

Roland product announcements make for good comedy. My popcorn is ready.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Well, I will admit I was pretty unhappy when the Jupter-80 came out. "metamorphosis of a legend" and all that hype. Remember that? When I heard Jupiter and Roland in one sentence I was hoping for the best because most would of course think Jupiter-8. Not that I was expxting a Jupiter-8 reissue BUT when I first saw the Jupiter-80 I was like, "where are all the sliders and control?" Even the Juno-Di gave me more realtime possibilities for editing on the panel. I got over it and I now own a Jupiter-80 and a 50. I have yet to snag the JD-XA or a Sustem-8. NOt sure I want them. I love the idea of the JD-XA but the analog polyphony is too limited, only for voice and I already have the Supernatural synth engine covered in my new Jupiters. With the System-8 I am hesitant to blow my money on it because I had the System-1 and the first 3 boutiques, JP-08, JU-06, and JX-03. I ended up selling those mainly because of the lack of polyphony and fewer patch memory locations than on than on the synths they emulate. Also I found myself still going back to my actual Juno-106 and JX-3p synths. Sometimes I can understand people's frustrations when Roland and other synth manufacturers have a new release. I do not get the complaining about cost because if it is a quality piece and offers something useful it's good with me. At least this new June 20th release is not so hyped up.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

The new synths: SE-02 boutique analog synthesizer and FA-07.
Not for me and that is OK.
PugFace

Post by PugFace »

Blimey that was quick. The SE02. Its made me think twice about my next synth. Maybe not the Behringer Model D.

3 oscillators and Ladder filter. Storage of programs. Step Sequencer with storage of patch adjustment ala. volca style. It sounds very big. The layout and pots ..... well Mini Moog comes to mind. A bit cheeky. I love the size. It beats the monologue sound a mile ahead.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

PugFace wrote:Blimey that was quick. The SE02. Its made me think twice about my next synth. Maybe not the Behringer Model D.

3 oscillators and Ladder filter. Storage of programs. Step Sequencer with storage of patch adjustment ala. volca style. It sounds very big. The layout and pots ..... well Mini Moog comes to mind. A bit cheeky. I love the size. It beats the monologue sound a mile ahead.
Roland got rid of the Pitch/Mod ribbon controllers on this synth! GOOD! I hated those things on the JP-08, JU-06 and JX-03 such a waste of much needed control space. Also I notice they added a DC in Jack instead of just a mini USB for adding power, that is also good.