Roland RPU-3

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
jblongz

Roland RPU-3

Post by jblongz »

Can someone verify if the Roland RPU-3 (3 pedal) is fully functional with the FA series? Im considering buying for a VSTi that supports it, but I would like to know before buying. Roland's site only mentions two other digital pianos that is works with.
jblongz

Re: Roland RPU-3

Post by jblongz »

I can verify it works
jblongz

Post by jblongz »

I also use with Pianoteq VST. Its great.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Quick check before I order ... half damping works with this connected to the FA?
locojohn

Post by locojohn »

Another question: can I use two other pedals of the RPU-3 for expression control?
locojohn

Post by locojohn »

locojohn wrote:Another question: can I use two other pedals of the RPU-3 for expression control?
Just to answer my own question:

from the RPU-3 manual: "This product can be used by connecting it to a device that is equipped with three pedal jacks that support the use of continuous detection.".

Essentially, it means that RPU-3 can be configured to control just about any parameter, even including expression (must set up reverse polarity in the FA settings for this to work), so it's really really cool. I set up pedal 1 with "soft" message, pedal 2 with "modulation" and pedal 3 with "sustain". Everything works, halleluyah!

Andrejs
Victoro

Post by Victoro »

Dear,
I connected the Roland RPU-3 pedal to the Roland FA08 and as said "locojohn" the parameters were changed in the system.
The RPU-3 works wonders.
Greetings to all.
Victoro