Importing Axial Sets to Roland FA-06

Forum for Roland FA-06/08
JustKen

Re: Importing Axial Sets to Roland FA-06

Post by JustKen »

Has anyone found an answer to this question? I've tried every USB stick I own to import a sound set to my FA-08, including a 1GB card through an adaptor, a 64G Kingston stick, various Lexars, Staples, and Verbatim sticks, including the stick I use with my FP7. I've used a fresh download of EXP11.BIN, too. I only ever get this scree
Skijumptoes wrote:Are you pressing Pad 1 when it asks for Slot 1?
Skijumptoes wrote:Are you pressing Pad 1 when it asks for Slot 1?
n (attached).

Yes, Skijumptoes, I press Pad 1. Doing so doesn't show a set name, just a string of hyphens.
Attachments
No joy,
No joy,
2017-07-16 15.43.49.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 510 times
stevel

Post by stevel »

If you're wanting to load in EXP 11, you press Pad ELEVEN, not Pad 1.

The pads refer to the EXPs, not the slot numbers.

https://www.rolandus.com/support/knowle ... /201978679
JustKen

Post by JustKen »

OK, I finally got it to work. I don't know exactly what was the cause of my problem, whether hardware or software, but I upgraded to the new System 2.0 software. My 64GB Kingston USB wouldn't work, but my 8GB Kingston micro SD card (with USB adaptor) did. I did the upgrade, and then the libraries (which were on the same card) also showed up when I Preview/booted. So I don't know if it was the software upgrade that did the trick, or the fact that I used the smaller card.

The link to the upgrade, BTW, is

https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... 0fd7805d1/

Cheers,

Ken
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

doh! of course, yes, EXP-11 can only be used with the latest firmware. So yup, the 2.0 upgrade is your fix. Sorry, should've thought of that!