possible trade system 8 for my integra 7 and a49 keyboard

Forum for Roland's System-8 synthesizer
antscol

possible trade system 8 for my integra 7 and a49 keyboard

Post by antscol »

Hello I recently purchased an integra 7 and the a-49 keyboard used but i really am not feeling it. Thought I would have more control over the parameters with the A-49...am intrigued by the system 8's sound and hands on capabilities and am looking to trade for a system 8 if someone is interested. By the way I live in the nyc area.
zombietactics

Re: possible trade system 8 for my integra 7 and a49 keyboar

Post by zombietactics »

antscol wrote:Hello I recently purchased an integra 7 and the a-49 keyboard used but i really am not feeling it. Thought I would have more control over the parameters with the A-49...am intrigued by the system 8's sound and hands on capabilities and am looking to trade for a system 8 if someone is interested. By the way I live in the nyc area.
If you try the iPad app (assuming you have an iPad), you may change your mind.
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

I have both the Integra 7 and the System 8.

They go together beautifully.

You can midi the Integra 7 with your System 8 and use the sequencer and arpeggiator. Make drum patterns and the rest.

I couldn't sell the Integra because the sounds are extraordinary. Sounds that the System 8 can't touch but the knob tweaking of the System 8 and the three engines are equally unique.

So........get the iPad app for your Integra 7 and get the System 8 and you have a brilliant set up and every sound you could ever want.

Maybe not your taste or style but this is what can be done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIXjIjAXAD8
skinmechanic

Post by skinmechanic »

Funnily I've sold my Integra 7 this week and my System 8 is also for sale.

The Integra 7, I found I was using about 9% of the sounds I could get elsewhere and it just doesn't fit in to my workflow so it's gone. kept it longer than I should have simply because it has all the SRX boards. The System 8, I only used the Juno 106 Plug Out mainly on the System 8, I bought the HAL U V2 instead the System 8 for me for the money isn't something I wanted to keep. No Aftertouch, and too less memory locations for me also the stupid decision to rent plugouts meaning any future plugouts have to be rented in order to expand it. So I got the Dave Smith Rev 2 instead. I'm just about to purchase the JDXA however.
runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

well it just shows you. We all have different needs. Sold my JDXA for a System 8 :)
Acidizer

Post by Acidizer »

integra 7, if i'm not mistaken is the supernatural synth engine (?and acoustic)

the SNS engine is in the JDXI (no acoustic) and it is very cheap (and powerful), and someone has now made an editor for it.

the supernatural sound is very polished, 'finished'... too polished for me personally. the system-8 sounds analogue and alive and really warm. i feel the SNS sounds a bit cold - not harsh though, just very smooth. i know i much prefer the system-8 sound to the supernatural. the analogue voice on the JDXI complements the supernatural engine perfectly.

i think you'd enjoy the S8 way more. the sounds are unreal. maybe also buying a JDXI and S8 you could have both supernatural and analogue modelling? then you'd have genuine analogue (mono), supernatural, and ACB emulations of jupiter 8, juno 106, and the built in S8 engine - which is the star of the show as far as i am concerned (closely followed by the 106)

not having knobs/faders on a synth is a major disconnect. that can't be overstated. and that's certainly one area where the S8 does not fall down.
antscol

Post by antscol »

U hit it on the head...for me personally I think I really want a more simple synth with a powerful engine...ad out of all the synths mentioned, the integra, jdxa and system 8 , I feel like the system 8 is more hands on. I love the integra' sounds and am not saying it's less of an instrument. I just like the controls plus synth engines included in the system 8 even if the integra has more sounds, versatility and power....well either Ima end up selling the integra and using the mon eye to buy a system 8 or someone will want to trade. Like what was stated before we all have different needs...there's no "perfect" synth.
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

Acidizer wrote:the supernatural sound is very polished, 'finished'... too polished for me personally. the system-8 sounds analogue and alive and really warm. i feel the SNS sounds a bit cold - not harsh though, just very smooth. i know i much prefer the system-8 sound to the supernatural. the analogue voice on the JDXI complements the supernatural engine perfectly.

i think you'd enjoy the S8 way more. the sounds are unreal. maybe also buying a JDXI and S8 you could have both supernatural and analogue modelling? then you'd have genuine analogue (mono), supernatural, and ACB emulations of jupiter 8, juno 106, and the built in S8 engine - which is the star of the show as far as i am concerned (closely followed by the 106)
I'd echo this word for word. JD-Xi gives me as much supernatural as I feel I've needed. It's a clean tone, but doesn't feel or sound as organic as the results I get out of my System-8. I got the S8 the first week it was available last September, and I don't think there's ever been more than two days that I haven't spent an evening with it. Between it and the System 1 plugouts I use with it, I have gotten much, much more than my money's and time's worth than I ever expected. And I genuinely feel like a better "synthesist" and musician as a result of it.

At the same time, my Xi remains a valuable part of my setup, and a great companion to the S8. I'm still thinking about getting a JD-XA soon, as I'm certain it would take me into another direction. But I'm still enjoying my current path too much!