Controller midi problem

Forum for Integra 7
double-k

Controller midi problem

Post by double-k »

Hi , please can you help me about a strange beaviour with midi controller and integra 7 ?
Here the question :
When I control Integra 7 by my Edirol PCR500 or BCR2000 using Midi CC I noticed that if I change patch after moving slider and faders ( Cutoff, Send Efx , ADSR, PAN, Volume, and so on ) this settings are always there. So, if I change this parameters with Knobs and sliders on PCR500 ( very very funny !!! ) when I recall another patch from Integra banks, this Midi CC values are sill there, so the new patch selected, sounds with the settings recieved before and not with its own stored. I prefer instead, that new patch starts to sound with his factory values and not from last setting recived from the external midi controller.
( Example : play a bass synth with slider Cutoff closed like a sub and slider release short...now if I change patch with a pad or string, this new patch sounds with closed cutoff and short release !! )
I'v tryed this also in my Korg Kronos and is not the same like on Integra: when I change Program, after jammin' with knobs and sliders from PCR500 or BCR2000, the new program start with his original values and not the last settings recieved from the controllers.
I hope someone can explain if this can be changed in some settings on Integra menù.
Regards from Italy !!
Jindrich

Re: Controller midi problem

Post by Jindrich »

I have absolutely same problem. Integra is unusable for live controllers on stage. Cuttoff, fesonance, decay etc remains in last value after changed presets. It is very big problem for my live show. Please somebody help us! Henry
knobacon

Post by knobacon »

When you say "patch" do you mean loading a new Studio Set or just one of the 16 sounds inside the same Studio Set? I've never experienced this but then I don't do gigs, just studio use. I save everything in Studio Sets and they always load as expected. No matter what I have done to a particular sound. I just wish the I7 was smart enough to know which Expansion Sets are required for a Studio Set and then auto load them when the Studio Set is called up.
Jindrich

Post by Jindrich »

Hi,I meen patch sound on individual midi chanel. For instance if you have on midi chanel 1 short percusive sound and you change atack by midi, than if you change preset to strings then atack still remains short. If I use layered sounds from my master keyboard driven by PG and CC, this is big problem, especialy cutoff and resonance
Regard Henry
lol

Post by lol »

Hopefully the patch channel settings remain after patches change : this is exactly what they are for, they are channel patch settings, they depend on the channel, not on the patch!

You can simply assign sysex commands to the patch parameters you want to control, that way, your channel(s) will remain clean of offset and you won't be bothered on patch change on given channels. Of course, it requires some more configuration work, but it's much more flexible and precise this way!

Your claims for the Integra-7 to reset channels offsets on patch change show the confusion between channel settings and patch settings, and misconception of the studio set. Maybe from where you see things it doesn't do what you would like it to, but it's for the best, and for the rest of the users, the Integra-7 on this particular point, is perfectly logical and it does exactly what it's supposed to.

You just have to learn to get down to the patch parameter level, where there's not enough #cc on the list to operate from this type of commands, and where you have to deal with sysex commands.

If you don't read this language you can simply spy on the midi out sysex dumps (from MIDIOX for instance), and program your controllers from that. The only thing that you would need if you had no such thing, is a controller or a keyboard able to send sysex. Hopefully those mentioned above can do sysex very well.
double-k

Post by double-k »

Yes, but in my other hardware synths is not the same beaviour like Integra.
When I change presets/pathces, after moving cutoff, resonance, attack, release ecc..ecc. all the parameters are resetted in their orignal values. ( Just tested it on my Kronos, Blofeld, VIrus C, Supernova using midi CC).
Only in my Integra 7 this fact doesn't exist and midi CC values are fixed also after change preset.
Today I will try with Sys Ex on my PCR 500, instead change the CC Offset Studio values.
psionic311

Post by psionic311 »

Not sure these will work, but it's worth a try. Don't save anything until one of them works. Then remember what that is. Then reboot Integra so it will revert back to the way you had it before. Only after that, then change the one parameter that fixed your issue, and then do a System Write to save it.

Press MENU button, then go to System.

Under the MIDI tab:
1) change Studio Set Control Channel to a different channel (like 16) than your MIDI controller
2) toggle USB-MIDI thru to on or off
3) try toggling other parameters on/off (Rx exclusive, Rx GS reset, etc)

Under CONTROL tab:
1) change Control Source Select (to Studio Set or System)

Hopefully something will work. If not, maybe then you will need to reset your MIDI controller to default values before changing program on Integra. For live work, I don't change parameters on the Integra, only call up patches and play music.
Jindrich

Post by Jindrich »

I never had a synth or multitimbral module act like this. I use many and they all act right. This is strange property and this i not logical. I think this is bug. I try to reset patches with changing studio set before every song. But this is cunfusing.
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

The simpler way to read is it that the altered envelope (for exampe) of a patch is simply studio set specific, so you have 64 possible sets, which IMV offers quite a number of permutations