Petitioning Roland for JD-XA updates.

Forum for the JD-XA.
Coorec

Re: Petitioning Roland for JD-XA updates.

Post by Coorec »

JD Knight wrote:can we see the sequencer upgrade as one combined issue of the 3 or 4?

collected from various threads:

including
-pattern change gap
-longer patterns (please at least 16bars, 24 would be better),
-Chain/song mode
- Ability to go from one sequence program to the next with out the sequencer stopping
- Plays Modes -
(1. FWD - start to end and repeat
2. BKWD - play in revers from end to start
3. ALT - alternate - i.e.: ping pong (fwd/bkwd with a series of motif based trigger options)
4. Skip Step - any inactive steps are not played as rests but skipped so the next note plays (if this could be activated and allow for the muting and unmuting of sequencers steps as it plays you'd get some great on the fly variation)
5.Random - plays steps in a random fashion or add a probability option on the other play modes to do so.)
-Global transpose mode allowing sequences to be transposed live via the keyboard and also enable transpose to be disengaged for any tracks that have percussive sounds active.

anything else for the sequencer thout could be done and is not unrealistic?
Imho you cant. Focus on 3-4 things, not 3-4 clusters.

And btw. most of that feature wish list is not at all important to me. Song-Mode and may be transposable sequences independent of the arp.. thats all most people are asking as sequencer update.

2nd thing would be a data entry knob. Suggestion: shift+mute button turns the Volume knob into a data entry knob.. until shift+mute is pressed again.
JD Knight

Post by JD Knight »

You may be right, after speaking to some frineds today, it might be better to get an external sequncer.
It's a pity, regarding the external sequencer tracks...
quiquelbola

Post by quiquelbola »

Of course I subscribe all that. Specially the editor and sequencer updates!
horisonten

Post by horisonten »

Petition time!
A poll on this matter is up and running in the JD-XA Facebook group. I will update the petition with the 10 features that gets the most votes. Can everyone who is interested in a firmware update please sign the petition and share it?

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/one ... are-update

Lets do this together!
saturn

Post by saturn »

Coorec wrote:2nd thing would be a data entry knob. Suggestion: shift+mute button turns the Volume knob into a data entry knob.. until shift+mute is pressed again.
second that!

plus fix the arpeggiator.

we should expect the cpu to be underpowered. so a massive update of functionality of the sequencer most probably isn't going to happen. it's a synth not a workstation after all. things like pitch lfo to aftertouch for the digital parts are far more important imo. we all have sequencers already.
saturn

Post by saturn »

chordmemory
by holding a chord and press unison

random voice detune
pitch randomisation with every key press for more vintage feel

global lfo for the analog part
possibility to sync the lfo of all 4 voices but free running
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

Done.
horisonten

Post by horisonten »

Could all of you please vote on the Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1405213 ... 9/?fref=ts

That way it is easier for me to see what features are the most wanted. I think it is much better to focus on 10 of the most wanted features instead of sending them a list of 100...

I agree that most of us already have other sequencers. But for me the 8 bar sequencer is of importance because I'm often running out of midi tracks on my octatrack (my master midi)... That would give me 8 much needed tracks to fiddle around with. But then again, if lack of Cpu headroom is the case its a wholenother matter...
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I think you may find that this is WAY down the bottom of the list, along with an alpha Juno and tr909 update! Hate to say it bro, but just let go, never gonna happen!
pelican

Post by pelican »

I agree, I don't think it sold anywhere near as many as they thought it would, and it was shelved fast. Personally I love it, but whatever
horisonten

Post by horisonten »

At least we tried. Well done comrades, I salute you.

RIP JD-XA
, hope you age well.
Duplobaustein

Post by Duplobaustein »

Honestly, if they didn't produced it with this shitty shiny panel, they would have sold double the amount. I bought it, when the overlays had been released. If they had released it somewhere near the Synthgraphic overlay, so like an old retro 80th Roland design, it would have been way better imho.
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

horisonten wrote:At least we tried. Well done comrades, I salute you.

RIP JD-XA
, hope you age well.
At least I am glad I have the JDXA, it is a keeper IMO even it there is no update.
Too bad they dropped it as a product so fast? but I am glad I have this synth in my studio.
zombietactics

Post by zombietactics »

richardbates1 wrote:... At least I am glad I have the JDXA, it is a keeper IMO even it there is no update.
Too bad they dropped it as a product so fast? but I am glad I have this synth in my studio.
In what sense is there any actual evidence that they have "dropped it as a product"? Did I miss an announcement?

They just released Kebu's soundset a month or so ago ... that's looks to me like a "supported" product.

There were no OS/Firmware updates for the FA series for quite some time, people were claiming it was "dead" so far as support was concerned, and then suddenly they dropped rev 2.0 and EXP11 for it.

Why is the JD-XA assumed "RIP"?
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

zombietactics wrote:
richardbates1 wrote:... At least I am glad I have the JDXA, it is a keeper IMO even it there is no update.
In what sense is there any actual evidence that they have "dropped it as a product"? Did I miss an announcement?

They just released Kebu's soundset a month or so ago ... that's looks to me like a "supported" product.

There were no OS/Firmware updates for the FA series for quite some time, people were claiming it was "dead" so far as support was concerned, and then suddenly they dropped rev 2.0 and EXP11 for it.

Why is the JD-XA assumed "RIP"?
I am not sure if Roland has dropped the JDXA? But is sure seems like it.