NUmber of user patches vs user programs

Forum for the JD-Xi Keyboard.
klar_kinelis

NUmber of user patches vs user programs

Post by klar_kinelis »

I am thinking about buying JDXi. I saw that it has 256 user patch slots, but I would like to be sure about two things, I am getting confused with that pattern/patch thing:
1) Is it possible to create your own user patch (sound), name it and save is, then browse them in one of the programs? I understand that program is a combination of four sound sources? How does it work?
2) When set on drums, can you switch them to any other digital sound?
HenrikErlandsson

Re: NUmber of user patches vs user programs

Post by HenrikErlandsson »

Sound sources:4 (2x Supernatural digital, 1x drum, 1x analog). 128 voices total (not quite the same as polyphony, but plenty. You will struggle to run out of voices.)

1. Pattern: a sequence of 16, 32 or 64 steps. You can record 4 such sequences or tracks, for each of the 4 sound sources. That means, you can record max 64 steps of Digital 1, 64 steps of Digital 2, 64 steps of Drum, and 64 steps of Analog, and play them all at once. This is one program/pattern that you can save. If you need more, you must connect it to a normal MIDI sequencer as usual.

The guys at Roland made a bunch of such sequences that are built in and that you can use.

2. Patch: There are around 250 built in patches for the Digital sound source (2 tracks). There are 453 drum sounds for the Drum sound source. There are 64 patches for the Analog sound source. So, around 760 sounds total. You can make your own and save them.

I don't know if built in patterns or patches can be overwritten, but there are free slots. I think there are around 200 free slots for the Digital sound source, but I don't know about the others. Maybe someone else can say how many free slots for each sound source? Or maybe they are all available for saving.

Edit: OK, you changed your post. So the numbers don't match anymore. But I hope I explained some things.
klar_kinelis

Post by klar_kinelis »

Thanks, it explains alot.
klar_kinelis

Post by klar_kinelis »

If anyone could write how many user slots there are for Digital and Analog parts? It would be great.

By the way, Axial removes the "stock" patches or adds the new ones?
oli

Post by oli »

Preset Banks A, B, C, D
User Banks E, F, G, H
Extra Banks S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z

Each bank has 64 programs
Each program has 2 Digital Synths, 1 Analog Synth , 1 Drum Kit + the sequencer

This makes for a grand total of 1024 programs, 2048 SuperNATURAL patches, 1024 analog patches, drum kits and sequences.

... or until it runs out of memory (which is more likely).
klar_kinelis

Post by klar_kinelis »

oli wrote:Preset Banks A, B, C, D
User Banks E, F, G, H
Extra Banks S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z

Each bank has 64 programs
Each program has 2 Digital Synths, 1 Analog Synth , 1 Drum Kit + the sequencer

This makes for a grand total of 1024 programs, 2048 SuperNATURAL patches, 1024 analog patches, drum kits and sequences.
O_o