Writing "selected" Expansion Tones into User Tone Banks

Forum for Integra 7
Hunters

Writing "selected" Expansion Tones into User Tone Banks

Post by Hunters »

Hi,

Is there any way to save "selected" Expansion Tones into my User Tone Banks... so they can be accessed directly, without having to load the relevant Expansion Module into a slot?

When I have "written" Expansion Tones to my USER banks, they only sound if the original tone is loaded into an Expansion slot. That doesn't seem very helpful??

It appears that when you tweek an Expansion tone and "write" it to a User Bank, maybe it is only the "tweeked settings" that are stored in the User Bank, and you have to have the orginal tone / partials loaded in an Expansion slot.

Am I being dumb??
Candy

Re: Writing "selected" Expansion Tones into User Tone Banks

Post by Candy »

Imagine, that the EXPs are Hardware-ROMs. When you remove them, the sounds on it are not more available. When you store an EXP-Sound into a User-Memory-Place and after that you remove the EXP, you will hear - nothing! The parameters in the User-Memory are only links to the EXP - same as a hardware-ROM!

Candy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Candy wrote:Imagine, that the EXPs are Hardware-ROMs. When you remove them, the sounds on it are not more available. When you store an EXP-Sound into a User-Memory-Place and after that you remove the EXP, you will hear - nothing! The parameters in the User-Memory are only links to the EXP - same as a hardware-ROM!

Candy
Candy said it all!

The only thing you can do is to manage loading the EXPs into the Slots and then changing to the corresponding StudioSet having those EXPs (or the other way around), via a keyboard/Controller. Just need to program the controller to send the corresponding SysEx messages. Two button presses and you are up and running.

Cheers,
PauloF
Hunters

Post by Hunters »

Thanks for the info some time back (PauloF and Candy).

It has taken me months to master this module and all its control options, but I am finally very happy with what it offers.

Recently however I have hit a very disturbing (seemingly random) problem with the unit.

Every now and then (seems random) the unit applies "flam" to snare and other sounds in all its drumkits! ... and clearly this completely destroys my drum track! I can find no explanation of cause of this.
The only way to rectify this is to reboot the module(not a viable option!)

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Anybody able to help?

Thx
Huntly
Hunters

Flam on snare sets randomly

Post by Hunters »

... Recently I have hit a very disturbing (seemingly random) problem with the unit. Every now and then (seems random) the unit applies "flam" to snare and other sounds in all its drumkits! ... and clearly this completely destroys my drum track! I can find no explanation of the cause ...

Anyone experienced this??
It happens when it is playing a midi sequence