Roland plugins crash Ableton Live 9.7

Forum to discuss all aspects of Roland's Cloud
login

Roland plugins crash Ableton Live 9.7

Post by login »

Any Roland plugin crashes Ableton Live when I close the GUI of the plugin and it is producing audio. Anyone else has experienced this?
thartnett

Re: Roland plugins crash Ableton Live 9.7

Post by thartnett »

Not my experience, in Windows or Mac Live.
theshine

Post by theshine »

I havent had this specific crash but had Mainstage 3 crash whenever I use a Roland Plugin. Works fine with all other plugins but not the Roland ones, although concerto does work ok. This bug is only when using my Yamaha Montage as the audio interface. They do work with mac built in audio. Roland are currently looking at the bug. Cannot be a yamaha issue as Im using a bunch of other plugs without any probs.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

Most likely to be the sample rate that you're running, as the Roland Cloud plugins are limited to certain sample rates i believe?

I've seen reports from MainStage, Logic and Ableton users who are forced to run @ 44.1khz sample rate to get them to operate correctly.

So, following that logic, one presumes that the Yamaha Montage also may be setting a different rate to what the plugins are happy to run within?
theshine

Post by theshine »

Dont think its the sample rate as Im set to 44.1. All other plugs work even the Roland Sample based Concerto works, its only the VSTi stuff like Jupiter, System 8 etc that hang and wont load, therefore makes me think its not the Montage interface.