The Oh Sherrie sound.

Forum for Fantom-S/S88, Fantom-X6/7/8, Fantom-XR and Fantom-Xa
Robertdsmn

The Oh Sherrie sound.

Post by Robertdsmn »

Hi. I found a patch on my Fantom X7 that pretty much nails the synth sound used on Steve Perry's tune Oh Sherrie. It is called Vint Clavier and it is on bank H #064. The only problem I have with it is that I want to use it for a different song, but I can't get rid of the phase shifter type effect that is on it. I tried turning the effects off but that doesn't work. Any ideas of how to take that effect off ?
Thanks.
gdh

Re: The Oh Sherrie sound.

Post by gdh »

I have a VintageClav in PR-I 013 in Keyboards area that I imagine is the same. It shows Tone 1 MFX @127, MFX-1 11 Phaser - 127A @ 80. If you turn to Thru which is 0 you get rid of the Phaser, or insert whatever fx you want to replace the Phaser. I usually setup these as Performance patches, zero out the fx and add what I want then write lvg the original patch intact.
Robertdsmn

Post by Robertdsmn »

Great. I'll try it. Thanks.
Robertdsmn

Post by Robertdsmn »

Oh well. That didn't work.
gdh

Post by gdh »

So if you change from Phaser to a rotary for eg the phaser is still on? Have you turned tone 1 off, turned MFX-1 to 0 from 127? I am not at my X6 right now so just going from memory. I'll take a look and also go through Patch edit to look at the patch's structure but I had no problem turning Phaser off in either Patch or Performance mode using above. Are you listening with headphones plugged into the keyboard?
gdh

Post by gdh »

Just pulled up Phase Clav in the Keyboards area, was able to turn Phaser off when push effects button and hit effect sw (f8) then hit f1 to turn MFX1 off. Don't forget about the patch edit area, thats where you can gain full control over your sound and modify it to your hearts desire.